samurai jujutsu

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hanzo04

is there such a thing as samurai jujutsu? if so are there any links?

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It's the name of the system practiced by the late Pete Siringano, Sr. His son, Pete Jr., heads it now. Their webpage is here.

OP
C

captnigh

They sell Super Weapon on that site. Classic flick.

hedgehogey

Green Belt
Reaction score
ALL jujutsu is samurai jujutsu. Like I said before, hanzo, quit looking for the super secret system that will make you invincible. Fight hard, spar full contact, and condition your body. That's the only secret.

OP
H

Hanzo04

what the hell are you talking about? there is no damn super art. i have the right to ask any question i want, so stop talkin *****! i already know "it's not the art that makes the man but the man that makes the art" speech. get off my back!

A hard head makes a soft ***! remember that!

hedgehogey

Green Belt
Reaction score
But your actions say otherwise. You seem to be looking for a master who can teach teh d34dly.

Please. Just give sportfighting one trial lesson. That's all. If you don't like it, i'll shut up about it.

OP
H

Hanzo04

tae kwon do is as far as sport fighting i'm gonna get to. i primarily train for self-protection now. thanks but no thanks. and what actions are talkin about might i ask.

Shogun

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
If you want good Jujutsu that come from samurai, try one of the Koryu schools. research it and ask questions before commiting yourself to it though. there is a lot of bad Koryu out there. Where do you live? there are some good Daito ryu schools.....

good luck.

hedgehogey

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hanzo04 said:
tae kwon do is as far as sport fighting i'm gonna get to.
Not TKD pointfighting. Full contact combat sports, like wrestling, boxing, muay thai, BJJ, judo.

i primarily train for self-protection now. thanks but no thanks.
Sport fighting is the best way to train for self defense.

Just try ONE class. That's all I ask. An hour of your time. Get in there and grapple, and if you think you can avoid going to the ground, do no holds barred with the instructor.

and what actions are talkin about might i ask.
Most of your posts are you asking "Is this person super deadly?".

By the way, I trained in Daito-ryu for six months. Nothing was remotely practical.

OP
H

Hanzo04

actually grappling doesn't fit my style. i like to strike. i learn martial arts to take someone out quick not let drag on and that's Bjj.it is for one on one that's it. striking arts teach defense against multiple attackers. and please stop trying to recruit me 'cause nothing you say will change my mind.

also i can't stand the Gracies and how they use their family name to make money that's ridiculus. i have never been a fan of ground fighting! when i become teacher i won't be teaching it.

and what the hell is daito-ryu. and it wasn't practical because it didn't fit your style just like groundfighting doesn't fit my style. your argument was a waist of your time.

OP
C

captnigh

Hanzo-
If you like striking, maybe Kenpo is what you want. Some styles of Kenpo can help you develop wicked hand speed and teach you all sorts of strikes....
If you don't want to train in BJJ/Groundfighting primarily, then maybe at least make an effort to learn the basics. It's a good thing to have if you need it.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hanzo04 said:
actually grappling doesn't fit my style. i like to strike. i learn martial arts to take someone out quick not let drag on and that's Bjj.it is for one on one that's it. striking arts teach defense against multiple attackers. and please stop trying to recruit me 'cause nothing you say will change my mind.

also i can't stand the Gracies and how they use their family name to make money that's ridiculus. i have never been a fan of ground fighting! when i become teacher i won't be teaching it.

and what the hell is daito-ryu. and it wasn't practical because it didn't fit your style just like groundfighting doesn't fit my style. your argument was a waist of your time.
You see, everyone knows (well, I thought everyone knew) that one way to control a kenpo or TKD or other striking art person is to get them to the ground. Close-in fighting works pretty well and chances are, in multiple attacks, nowadays you are likely to find one person in a group attack who is willing to take you to the ground. What are you going to do then?

No disrespect intended, just curious...?

OP
H

Hanzo04

well since most ground fighters will attack the legs i would try to side step as quickly as possible then kick him in the ribs and let him try it again if he wants. that's as simple as i can put it.

OP
H

Hanzo04

and for captnigh i am studying kenpo right now. my frien from highschool is teaching me and he's been doing it for six years. he's pretty good.

OP
C

captnigh

Hanzo04 said:
well since most ground fighters will attack the legs i would try to side step as quickly as possible then kick him in the ribs and let him try it again if he wants. that's as simple as i can put it.
I don't study BJJ or groundfighting as my core art, but I try to learn as much as I can. I don't mean any disrespect by saying this, but if that's your only strategy for neutralizing a skilled BJJ practitioner, you're gonna get hurt. Seriously.
And as far as learning kenpo, I'm sure your friend is showing you technique, but I highly recommend someone with more time in -- say maybe 20-25 years as opposed to 6. If you like what he's showing you, seek out his teacher.... just a suggestion.
Good Luck!:)

OP
A

auxprix

I would say that this 'samurai jujitsu' is largely dead today. If you want to know more about this, check out the Judo History thread in the Judo/Jujitsu board. I don't agree with everything the poster writes, but he does have some solid facts. Many artists who call themselves Jujitsu today are those who broke off of Judo once it took a more upright sportfighting approach. If you want a more direct link to samurai Jujitsu, as you call it, I would say that Aikido may be up your alley. It may not be exactly what you have in mind, but they work alot with standing techniques, and don't spend quite as much time on the ground as us Judoka do. With the short experience I had with the art, I can tell that it's well organized and pleasant to learn.

hedgehogey

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hanzo04 said:
Thousands and thousands of matches have proven that doesn't work. See videos on www.bullshido.net
It simply won't happen.

Now show me some proof that TKD is any better than BJJ for when you're getting jumped. PROOF.

And daito-ryu is traditional jiujitsu, as close to what the samurai used as you'll find.

OP
H

Hanzo04

WOW! you're not trying to scare me are you- 'cause it's not working.
have you ever heard the phrase " where there's a will there's a way" well i have that will and i can definitely find a way. nothing is impossible.

OP
C

captnigh

Hanzo,
I don't think you're being realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions