Salute

Meathook

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, my name is Joshua. My Training and experience came mostly in the mid and late 90's, I trained to green belt under Jeanette Wilde in American Kenpo, did a small stint in Wado Ryu when i was young as well. After that my main studies were in kickboxing and Bayless Jiu Jutsu. Never really fought in the ring much, but this training was under Mike Stidham before he started with the televised 'Ultimate Combat' stuff. While i live only a block away from his gym I'm not really keen on training there or with anyone in the area. I feel like I'm at the level mentally where the best choice I can make for myself is to avoid being a cow or a pig, I respect my opponents and I believe in the deadliness of some martial arts so this is best for me. Now, I reckon this 'level' is neither above or below anyone else on these boards its just simply the way i have chosen for myself. Im going to do a lot of self training, the advent of youtube has given me a lot of knowledge from which to pull material from and endurance training will keep me busy as well. Most of the stuff I've been drawing from lately is the Harimau, Silat and the southern mantis stuff on youtube. I have a lot of work to do to get where i want to be and I'm glad i found this resource as well. Nice to be here!

astrobiologist

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Welcome and Good Luck with Your Training! Having an instructor or someone to learn and grow with is important, but you may still be able to get a good bit of an education on your own. Just be cautious and keep an objective, open mind...

Graham

Latest Discussions