Robber Picks Wrong Man To Mug

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure how long this will be up, but I thought it was pretty interesting. Chalk up another one for the good guys!! :)

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/Wrong-Move-Robber-Picks-Pissed-Off-Victim.html

Sometimes it just isn't your day, even if you're a criminal. Eddys Marte, 25, of Waterbury found that out the hard way when he tried to rob a man Tuesday night, police said.
The troubles began, police said, when Marte followed Robert Dwyer, 53, home after Dwyer took money out of an ATM and pulled a gun.

Oh, and BTW....looks like he pulled off a successful disarm as well.

Oh, by the way, Dwyer has also been trained in disarming people with firearms. That's just what he did.

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Little more to the story.

Dwyer is a federal Justice Department firearms instructor trained in how to disarm people.

He did what he practices all the time to teach students. And do note, even then the attackers gun fired while in the struggle.

Guys (and gals) if you ever think you might need this skill, practice it often! And have the other guy resist.

I've trained using the NYPDs methods, Krav Maga, Systema, and what I learned in TKD. All have some good techniques. But you have to train often to internalize them. If you don't do that you will have to think before you apply the technique, and that's not good.

Also, just as important, if not more, you must see when a good opportunity presents itself and take immediate advantage of it. And that takes training time to!

Deaf

Latest Discussions