Returning to Class......Slowly

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am cleared for some stuff. However, no foot work yet. It is still too touch and go and the ability to undo what was accomplished during the surgery is still too prevelant.

However, I can still do upper body stuff, (I.E. 80 % of the hapkido I am expected to do, plus the basic tae kwon do striking.)

Moderation is the key, however I should be able to be at poomsae competition capability by our May tournament.

Brad Dunne

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Happy to see that your able to start again. Don't get over eager and do to much.............and I assume you'll be wearing some sort of knee brace/protection. :asian:

Paul B

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm also glad to hear that you're out on the mat again!

Take 'er slow and try not to get too excited when you throw someone. I still have to fight that "more and faster" initial rush myself.:lol:

OP
matt.m

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Happy to see that your able to start again. Don't get over eager and do to much.............and I assume you'll be wearing some sort of knee brace/protection. :asian:

Brad, I have worn titanium knee braces for the last ten years......The whole idea of this surgery was to take some pain away. It has, fortunately.

Thank you for your concern my friend.

Matt

donna

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi Matt, glad to hear you are recovering so well. Have fun, and I hope you continue to progress.:)

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
Glad to hear you are back in action.

Be careful! Don't rush it or overdo anything, bro.

Latest Discussions