OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Very good movie and I have to add the little tidbit, did you know that the etymology for the word "guys" are people who followed Guy Fawkes?
No, I didn't know that ....

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
As the election draws near and our financial system continues to fall apart, I am reminded of the movie again and again.

*Dusting it off as I type*

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nudging this for relevance.

Please exercise your mind, do some fact-finding on the candidate you want (partisan rags and blogs don't count), educate yourself and take the time to vote today.

:asian:

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nudging this for relevance.

Please exercise your mind, do some fact-finding on the candidate you want (partisan rags and blogs don't count), educate yourself and take the time to vote today.

:asian:

And please, please, please use the discriminatory thinking abilities providence has provided you with.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I doubt my Ron Paul write in is going to matter but I voted!
Of course it matters. Every vote count will matter. If nothing else, large numbers of people voting third party may help send a message (which will, I'm sure be ignored by DC) that the American people are fed up with our "two party" system. The bigger picture for your vote is that eventually the numbers will have to come out about the third party candidates and more of the population may become emboldened to vote outside of the "norm" next time around.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Of course it matters. Every vote count will matter. If nothing else, large numbers of people voting third party may help send a message (which will, I'm sure be ignored by DC) that the American people are fed up with our "two party" system. The bigger picture for your vote is that eventually the numbers will have to come out about the third party candidates and more of the population may become emboldened to vote outside of the "norm" next time around.

Actually if you look a "strong" third party, decent single digit numbers, you will see through recent history that one or both of the major parties will pick up and address some of the issues from the the strong third party be they independant or actual party.

RandomPhantom700

Master of Arts
Reaction score
... the 5th of November, the gunpowder treason and plot. I know of no reason the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot."

Substitute your own words in the appropriate places in the above famous rhyme and remember:

Vote tomorrow.

"Remember, remember, the 4th of November, when the war of words comes to a head. We clash of future finance, and terror, and hope, but it's the past that we all dread."

Gave it a shot, anyway.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Remember, remember, the 4th of November, when the war of words comes to a head. We clash of future finance, and terror, and hope, but it's the past that we all dread."

Gave it a shot, anyway.

Well I've always liked the 4th November, it's my birthday lol though this year I'm very old. Five more years and I'll have my bus pass ( am hoping only the Brits know what that means lol!)
Damn fireworks are a pain though.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The movie (and graphic novel) V for Vendetta based on these events certainly has lasting relevance.

Latest Discussions