Regarding foot work

Glycerine0160

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Question, for some reason I decided to go back to my fighting method: basic training because I revealed how to do the foot work in my head.

I know the shuffle.

But the quick movements finally clicked today. You need to take a shuffle, but instead of doing your normal small back foot movement, you accentuate it and place it near your front foot and kick off hard.

but the burst I am hazy on. The concept seems like the shuffle, straight blast. But it seems like the book is focusing it on as a straight kick? What exactly is the burst movement? Is it with a punch or a kick or either?

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Question, for some reason I decided to go back to my fighting method: basic training because I revealed how to do the foot work in my head.

I know the shuffle.

But the quick movements finally clicked today. You need to take a shuffle, but instead of doing your normal small back foot movement, you accentuate it and place it near your front foot and kick off hard.

but the burst I am hazy on. The concept seems like the shuffle, straight blast. But it seems like the book is focusing it on as a straight kick? What exactly is the burst movement? Is it with a punch or a kick or either?
We call this shortening the circle, and you are allowed to do a kick or a punch. Just remember this can be just as dangerous for you as it is for your opponent; because, you are temporarily on a weak balance point.
Sean

Latest Discussions