Reality check... would the world implode if you couldnt get Kukkiwon certification?

ralphmcpherson

Senior Master
Reaction score
Whoah! This almost slipped past me. Does your wife train in Taekwondo as well? If so, that's very cool. My wife appreciates what I do but has no interest in the art at all.
yeah, my wife started about 18 months ago, just after I got my black belt. She is a figure skater and many of the techniques cross over, so she is a pretty good tkdist for her level. My 9 year old daughter has been training for about 3 years and my 6 year old son stands down the back of the room and just follows what the rest of the class does, so tkd is a real family affair in my household.

ralphmcpherson

Senior Master
Reaction score
ralphmcpherson would you be willing to share the name of the school for us, I will be watching this thread to see your revues of this KKW school.
I would be happy to PM you the name of the kukki school if you wish. Im reluctant to just blurt their name out on a public forum because if I do end up having any negative things to say about them it is probably not fair to them as its only my opinion and I dont want to be seen as slandering their organisation on a public website.

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
yeah, my wife started about 18 months ago, just after I got my black belt. She is a figure skater and many of the techniques cross over, so she is a pretty good tkdist for her level. My 9 year old daughter has been training for about 3 years and my 6 year old son stands down the back of the room and just follows what the rest of the class does, so tkd is a real family affair in my household.

Very cool! My 8 year old son has been training for about 2 years and my 5.5 year old daughter is ITCHING to start training (our class only accepts them at 6 - and to be honest, she may be wanting to do it, but I don't think she's ready yet).

Nice to hear that your whole family does it.

ralphmcpherson

Senior Master
Reaction score
Very cool! My 8 year old son has been training for about 2 years and my 5.5 year old daughter is ITCHING to start training (our class only accepts them at 6 - and to be honest, she may be wanting to do it, but I don't think she's ready yet).

Nice to hear that your whole family does it.
I feel my son is a bit young to start even though he is six years old and Ive taught him white belt form and his kicks and punches are quite good for his age. I just feel that at that age they seem to miss some of the fundamentals, they know how to do some techs but are not yet old enough to question why they are done that way and really grasp it from the ground up. I do love spending time with him on his tkd and because its not too formal when we work together at home he can really just have some fun with it.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would be happy to PM you the name of the kukki school if you wish. Im reluctant to just blurt their name out on a public forum because if I do end up having any negative things to say about them it is probably not fair to them as its only my opinion and I dont want to be seen as slandering their organisation on a public website.

That would be great

Latest Discussions