Re Breakable Board

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Looking for a particular rebreakable Board.. Decades ago they were putty colored with a logo stamped in the corner the cross section looked like the Yin / Yang symbol and once broken they have to slide together. The were the same dimensions as "1x12' Pine so they fit the holder we use for testi breaks with real boards.

Some years ago found some which seemed identical but the logo was missing. After a couple of breaks we broke them! The narrow part broke off. Originals have been broken thousands of times but have gotten easier due to wear.

A few years back I found the same design out of the UK and they had a few colors / difficulties. Got the hardest ones - Black. Out of the box first time could not break it. Pulled out a 5lb dead blow sledge and finaly managed to break it. After that we could break it. Had the difficulty of about 3 boards.

Tried to buy more. Had to eventually reverse the credit card charge. Would like to buy more. Anyone seen them. lately? Especially anyone form the UK or GB?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about the ones that have a single groove and slide together from the side?
If so... I've never had any luck with those. They get too easy to break, too quickly.
For the past few years, I've been using these re-breakables. They seem very consistent, and the green one (same as one pine board) has been broken at least 500 times without any change in the breaking force. I do a side by side break a couple times a year to compare it to a random pine board, and my carefully calibrated Fist-O-Meter doesn't see any difference. If anything, the re-breakable is possibly a tad bit more difficult to break than the random boards we buy a Loews.

OP
E

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
E

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Apparently they cannot ship to USA. Tried to order. Got to Shipping method choice.

>>Shipping Method:
This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.
Shipping
Sorry but we do not ship to your address by this shipping method!<<<<

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can phone Playwell to see if and when they are getting stock back in if you'd like?
Depending on postage you could order the others to be delivered to me and I'd send them on by post but I suspect that would make them expensive. I imagine that's why they don't ship to the States, you'd end up paying more than the price of the boards in postage.

OP
E

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Tez, thanks for the offer.

Martial Arts one contacted me for shipping info and says they will quote it. I got the last ones thru Playwell, and the second order was the one where I got nothing and had to cancel the credit card order. So, they have been out of stock for some time - apparently.

OP
E

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Got the rebreakables. Each is the equivelant of about 3 standard 1x12 #2 Pine. First time out of the box they are extremely difficult. Need to break with a 5lb dead blow sledge . Then we can use foot and hand techniques.

OP
E

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Got the red, white and Black. Like them because with a small shim they fit the holders we use constructed to hold standard "1x12' Boards we use or testing.

Out of the box they are very difficult to break. Have to really lay into it with a 5lb deadblow hand sledge. They should come with a warning. After they are broken once they are reasonably difficult.

Latest Discussions