"Rant Thread Warning" Chat Boards in TKD

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Blearggghh!!

Just try to be polite, take responsibility, read the rules, follow them and move on. Opinions are fine, stated appropriately.

Big boy pants, y'all!

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
There is such a member of this forum that really bothers me because the opinion of this fellow always try to make me feel embarased, some times the coments of this person are a pain on my ........ but I try to be polite and not give so much atention to this person.
Dear Manny, I am truly sorry. I have turned over a new leaf, truly, and I promise I will try never to upset you ever again. I know in the past I have deliberately set out to enbarrass you and this will cease immediately. :asian:

PS. Manny. If it's not me, just ignore this apology.
icon10.gif

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
We don't need to go to scientific studies. Facts are facts. Monday follows Sunday is a fact. If someone argues that no, Sunday follows Monday, is that debatable because of an "interpretation" based on bias or special interest of the person stating, factually, that Monday follows Sunday to get what they want? Or does in fact Monday follows Sunday?

Gee if you look at the callender from left to right Sunday precedes Monday with Monday following after Sunday but if you go fast enough based on the earths rotation on Monday you will go back in time to Sunday so now Sunday is after Monday?

What people call facts many times is just data and still is communicated based on thier beliefs and environment. Weather a person chooses to agree with that statement of data information is based on thier knowledge of where that data comes from, do they trust the source, know the person, have respect for them, if not that person will seek colaborating data to confirm or choose to listen to others like minded.

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
Gee if you look at the callender from left to right Sunday precedes Monday with Monday following after Sunday but if you go fast enough based on the earths rotation on Monday you will go back in time to Sunday so now Sunday is after Monday?

And those arguments you just made to try and prove that Sunday comes after Monday, do they really hold any validity in your mind? Or are you just trying to be contrary, for whatever reason. You basically make my point, perhaps without even realizing it.

What people call facts many times is just data and still is communicated based on thier beliefs and environment. Weather a person chooses to agree with that statement of data information is based on thier knowledge of where that data comes from, do they trust the source, know the person, have respect for them, if not that person will seek colaborating data to confirm or choose to listen to others like minded.

Facts are facts, whether you call them "data" or use some other term. As such, they don't change and is not dependent on whether someone agrees or not, whether they have respect for the source whether there are collaborating data to confirm or whether is is stated by someone who is like minded. You don't need to respect a person if they say Monday comes after Sunday, nor do you have to confirm it or choose to listen to a like minded person or any of the other stuff that you said. It is true, even if your "opinion" is that it is false. See your argument about Sunday Monday above as an example. All of that, and still Sunday precedes Monday, no matter what.

ralphmcpherson

Senior Master
Reaction score
I couldnt agree more with your OP Terry. One member of this tkd board gave me the old "to me you no longer exist line" recently (I think they've watched a few too many old martial arts films). People without thick skin should not hang out on boards such as these. People also need to realise that their opinion is just that, an opinion. As soon as someone comes along and thinks that their opinion on every given subject is gospel it throws the whole balance of the board out. None of us are "experts", we are all students of the martial arts and everyone's opinion is valid and that is what makes boards such as these such a great wealth of information.

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
What people are failing to see is when someone interjects an opinion that really has nothing to do with the subject at hand. That is when things can get out of control.

Example made up scenario:

OP- When you become a 4th dan black belt the school allows you to wear a different uniform that is blue in color. I am trying to decide if I should purchase this uniform or continue wearing my regular white uniform. I like the tradition of wearing white, but the blue uniform does distinguish me as a higher dan rank in our school. What would you do in this situation?

Replier: Schools who advocate wearing different color uniforms are only doing it for the money and are most likely McDojangs.

You see this type of opinion has no place in the discussion. The OP only asked opinion about which uniform he should choose. He never asked what you thought of a school that provided this type of choice.

The replier has every right to this opinion and, yes, on a public forum has every write to express the opinion. However, he/she should not get upset if they OP feels offended by it and replies back in a somewhat antagonistic manner. This is how flame wars begin. I know I am extremely guilty of stating unwarranted opinions.

So the bottom line is this, if you have an opinion that doesn't really apply to what the topic is about, start a new thread and quote the OP as to what prompted this opinion and have at it.

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I dont waste my time with either... I drink Yeungling Lager

or DOS XX lager...
dosxx.jpg

cause I AM the most......

:cheers:
Actually I agree. I can not stand Miller, Michelobe or Budweiser. It was nice when I was young and couldn't afford good beer, but now I am distinguished. ha.ha.ha

Last edited:

poollshark

Orange Belt
Reaction score
This has become more and more of a problem with decussion boards, especially with TKD in General. People ask for opinion, comments or stupid *** question and than expect those of us who answer to take into consideration about your personal feelings about the matter. Please keep your emotion on the sideline and if you do not want people to be blunt about there answer do not ask question. This has become so evident on these decussion board over the last year. Some of you so called TKD'ers that have these whinning emotion to answer about question could never train with some of the people I know simply because they would ask you to leave there schools.

Grow up and take a person response as just that a response if yu do not like it fine, but to try and start a flame war over a response in simply being a baby. I for one do not care if you like my answer to certain thing or not, that is why Martial Talk has an ignore feature so you do not have to see that person response at all. It is just not here but all chat line that this is happening so is it the few that cannot handle the truth or people ideals that do not agree with yours or is it just that people have to find something to ***** about like me today. I am never going to be perfect but one thing for sure Ia m always very blunt about my opinions and remember opinions are not right or wrong like some think. Opinions are what certain people believe in and not all people will agree with, facts and figures are right or wrong. Please remeber this when youdo not like what people here say it is an opinion and opinions are what make us get though each moment in everyday.

Now back to decussion and opinion about things that may or may not matter.:asian:
icon10.gif
icon14.gif
Wow......seriously? You state that you're blunt with your opinions and when someone else is blunt you start a thread like this?? Classic.

I can't believe miguksaram is the only one that gets it.

George

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Terry I am one of those people who like to hear the truth. But you know about the truth, it will set you free but first it will piss you off.
Oh, how true, how true. And now I'm pissed off. :lol:

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow......seriously? You state that you're blunt with your opinions and when someone else is blunt you start a thread like this?? Classic.

I can't believe miguksaram is the only one that gets it.

George

Please being blunt and giving an opinion is diferent than complaining about somebody opinion. This thread is a "RANT" thread because this is not an opinion this is a RANT please know the difference. As a person with a strong opinion about certain subjects I understand opinions and I accept them for what they are. As a person who is very blunt about my MA beliefs and those are not opinion but my beliefs which is different, you are certainly entitle to your opinion about this thread but just for the record again this is not my opinion this thread was a RANT.:asian:

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Nothing good ever comes out of a rant-about-another-thread thread.

Nothing good ever comes out of participating in a rant-about-another-thread thread.

Starting one only serves to perpetuate whatever it was that bothered you in the initial thread.

Participating in it only aids in deepening the issue.

Daniel

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score

Nothing good ever comes out of participating in a rant-about-another-thread thread.

Starting one only serves to perpetuate whatever it was that bothered you in the initial thread.

Daniel
Yes, but the drama of it all is better than reality tv. ha.ha.ha

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score

Daniel

I think some people need that. Blaming others may be a good way of avoiding self evaluation and introspection. Few people want to point to a mirror and say "That's the person who is responsible. The buck stops with that person."

ralphmcpherson

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think some people need that. Blaming others may be a good way of avoiding self evaluation and introspection. Few people want to point to a mirror and say "That's the person who is responsible. The buck stops with that person."
Personally, I dont see the need for anybody on this forum to need 'self evaluation'. I hang out on many forums and I must say the people posting here seem to be very knowledgable and very polite and in general are more than happy to accept other points of view even if it differs from theirs. But in saying that, I am very open to other points of view, which is the reason I come here. I wont always agree with other points of view, but its interesting to hear others opinions on things. If I knew 'everything' then I wouldnt bother coming to forums.

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Personally, I dont see the need for anybody on this forum to need 'self evaluation'.
Actually, I think we should all be self evaluating regularly. Particularly in an online format. That said, I don't think that Terry needs to do so any more than anyone else here, myself included.

Daniel