Rampage arrested after car chase

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Curious ... no alcohol involved and he was turning his life around.

COSTA MESA - Ultimate Fighting Championship brawler Quinton "Rampage" Jackson on Tuesday plowed a pickup truck into several vehicles, crashed across a center divider and roared onto a sidewalk before being arrested, authorities said.

Jackson was booked at the Costa Mesa Jail on suspicion of hit-and-run driving, felony evading and reckless driving. Nobody was injured, Dondero said, adding that it doesn't appear alcohol played a role in the incident.

READ MORE

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow.
icon9.gif

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hit and run and then left.

Hit and run and then left in front of officer if the article I read was correct.

Fled or did not stop for police.

Weaving in and out of traffic and on sidewalk as well.

The got a flat and the police were able to stop him and arrest him.

The article also stated that Dana jumped a plane to go post bail as soon as he heard.

I will wait to see what Dana or Rampage has to say.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hit and run and then left.

Hit and run and then left in front of officer if the article I read was correct.

Fled or did not stop for police.

Weaving in and out of traffic and on sidewalk as well.

The got a flat and the police were able to stop him and arrest him.

The article also stated that Dana jumped a plane to go post bail as soon as he heard.

I will wait to see what Dana or Rampage has to say.

Same here

Skpotamus

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Seriously, how did he think he was going to get away in a giant truck with his Picture on the side?

So much for the forrest rematch. He's likely going to get a couple years out of this.

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
i tried to read it, the article is no longer there.

When did this happen?

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
At least he did not try to resist when caught. The police in that area can have a heavy hand at times when someone resists.
Felony hit and run and they only had him post $25,000? I guess they figure he is well know enough that if he dose not show up for trail they will be able to find him

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Seriously, how did he think he was going to get away in a giant truck with his Picture on the side?

So much for the forrest rematch. He's likely going to get a couple years out of this.

This happened in Orange County California, not Texas. He'll just have to apologize and say he'll never do it again.
icon12.gif

allenjp

Brown Belt
Reaction score
At least he did not try to resist when caught. The police in that area can have a heavy hand at times when someone resists.
Felony hit and run and they only had him post $25,000? I guess they figure he is well know enough that if he dose not show up for trail they will be able to find him

Did the article say it was a felony? Usually it's not a felony unless someone gets injured. And if it was a felony it probably wouldn't have only been $25,000.

allenjp

Brown Belt
Reaction score

Naah, most likely about 5 years of probation, a big fine, and maybe like six months in the county, but even that is doubtful.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Does anyone think this will effect his UFC career

That's up to Dana more then anything.

I doubt it will do much in terms of his ability to draw in fans, but Dana could easily drop his contract or have him fighting off the main event for a while, just keeping him on contract so that one of the other promotions doesn't grab him.

If he was a lower profile fighter, I'd say he'd probably be gone. Dana is a business man trying to make the sport legitimate in the eyes of the folks that want it banned, something like this isn't good for that agenda. But then again neither is having a former UFC champ with huge fan appeal fighting for your competition.

Pacificshore

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I suppose on the positive side of this mess is that he wasn't DUI.....

Latest Discussions