Racoons

Bujingodai

Black Belt
Reaction score
I think Racoons are awesome. Not as a pet. I was camping with the fam and a racoon trundled through our site with their kitts and jumped on my table, grabbed a bottle of soda, turned the top off and drank from it. I was quite impressed, walked away not giving any F's
At the same thought I remembered as a kid having the city come remove one from the porch and the thing fought like a bear. So they have my respect.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I would like to now acquire a raccoon as a pet, thanks to this thread.

And I can regales tall swashbuckling tales of the pirate lifestyle that ensues... us traversing the high seas, taking what we decide to be ours... being chased by our ferret brothers with ferocity... but most of the time the raccoon's bandit-like appearance is too good and they don't get good facial recognition, we escape with ease... shouting upon all our foes that pose an obstacle, "Avast ye matey! Harken unto us! Raccoons be your worst nightmares ya landlubbers!"

images.jpeg-22.jpg

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ferrets do not stink unless you hurt them or scare them badly. Don't abuse your ferret.
I agree. Removing their anal glands is totally not necessary.

But, ferret owners that are used to the smell need to understand not everyone is as de-sensitized.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. Removing their anal glands is totally not necessary.

But, ferret owners that are used to the smell need to understand not everyone is as de-sensitized.
Unless you're abusing your pet, there is no smell to get used to.