Racoons

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do Americans commonly keep raccoons as pets?

OP
Gyakuto

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are rather cute creatures. I’m surprised they aren’t kept here in the Britain. Who chose to import XL Bullies over racoons?

O'Malley

Black Belt
Reaction score
Can't be worse than a pet rock.

1701863329377.jpeg

Right?

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Raccoons are drawn to shiny things.

They love belt buckles for some reason.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Commonly? No. Occasionally? Yes. They're legal pets in 16 states, per a quick web search. (Many animals that are typically wild/exotic are not legally kept as pets, and require special certifications or approval.)

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Raccoons make great service animals. They're smart and, if trained well, they can use their little, tiny hands to cook food that's edible. Not very tasty, mind you, but better than your average British fare.

bluepanther

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Was attacked by a Raccoon once, it wrapped around my lower leg and would not let go, a real struggle to remove. So, I personally do not find them remotely cute, unless they fly spaceships and shoot guns.

OP
Gyakuto

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So raccoon as pets is somewhat like keeping a fox as a pet.?

OP
Gyakuto

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Raccoons make great service animals. They're smart and, if trained well, they can use their little, tiny hands to cook food that's edible. Not very tasty, mind you, but better than your average British fare.
🤨 You must take your medication regularly and do what nurses tells you!

(you had me up to ‘little hands’. Their droppings would be better than British food)

OP
Gyakuto

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do Brits think we do?
I don’t about anyone else in Britain, but I see lots of youtube clips of Americans with raccoons in their houses doing funny and/or cute thing. Also I see them in Christmas adverts over here of them doing all sort of stuff funny things. Thus I made the assumption that they mat be kept by people as pets, much like…rabbits are!

Hot Lunch

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I don’t about anyone else in Britain, but I see lots of youtube clips of Americans with raccoons in their houses doing funny and/or cute thing. Also I see them in Christmas adverts over here of them doing all sort of stuff funny things. Thus I made the assumption that they mat be kept by people as pets, much like…rabbits are!
I've seen these videos. They're not just meant to be funny; they're also shock videos.

Latest Discussions