quite possibly the worst week ever

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have to say, this is quite possibly the worst week ever.

A friend of mine died in a fire on tuesday. This friend of mine was another friend of mine's sister.

My childhood nanny and an old friend of the family committed suicide on wednesday night by shooting herself.

A thread topic on here stirred some old memories up and crappy past things have been on my mind all day, along with these deaths.

at least the week is almost over...

*sigh*

Now all I have to do is refrain from partaking in old habits that work very very well in letting you not think about anything and forgetting everything.

why are those always the addicting ones?

28 minutes til friday, and everything is supposed to be at least a little bit better on friday........

OP
S

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
what? *is confused*

I'm a bit out of it, dumb it down for me?

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh Samantha. This is horrible! Times like this are really trying. One of the hardest things about living is seeing people you know and love die, leave, fall to ruination.

You can absolutely get through this. Trust me when I say that numbing the pain will only make it larger later. Part of feeling these feelings is what living is about. This is how we learn to love life and appreciate more of the time we waste and turn it productive.

I am so sorry you have suffered this loss and that painful memories have been stirred for you.

Feel free to post here for support anytime and if you want to talk privately, feel free to PM me.

Chin up, girl.

Georgia

OP
S

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
heh, thanks.

I'm trying my best not to sound whiney, I dont know how well that is going.

it sounds a little like "pity me" when I read it - not what I want, but I'll just implode if I don't say SOMETHING about everything that is going on.

I feel so childish for arguing about money to my father and then come to learn a friend of mine was so sad she killed herself...

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
MACaver said:
(with due respect)
The Lord sayeth to the storm: Peace be still.

:asian:
Samantha said:
what? *is confused* I'm a bit out of it, dumb it down for me?
Samantha,

MACaver's reference is to the New Testament biblical account of the Lord (Jesus Christ) in a boat saying that to the storm on the sea and the sea calmed down. What MACaver appears to be saying is his prayers are for things to finally calm down for you in the middle of your "storm" (the bad week) and that things will get better.

- Ceicei

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Samantha said:
I have to say, this is quite possibly the worst week ever.

<snip>

at least the week is almost over...

*sigh*
I'm sorry all that happened. All I can say is you deserve a ((HUG)) from me.
Samantha said:
Now all I have to do is refrain from partaking in old habits that work very very well in letting you not think about anything and forgetting everything.
Just endure though it a bit longer. Old habits can be a comfort, but is like a monster riding on the back. It's not something you need... :whip: Just talk with us. MartialTalk is wwaayyyyyy better than indulging in those old habits. :uhyeah:

- Ceicei

OP
S

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ceicei said:
MartialTalk is wwaayyyyyy better than indulging in those old [bad] habits.
- Ceicei
haha thats goin in my siggy!

hopefully reading it over and over and over will make me believe it

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Sorry to here you are having such a crappy time just now, others have already said it better, but keep your chin up, and just try to remember that such trying times only strengthen character, whereas taking "the easy way out" (and by the way, I know it is not) only serves to make the lesson learned less clear.

Best wishes, next week can only be better.
Simon

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
One of Abraham Lincoln (at least I think that's the person) sayongs was
"this Too shall pass". Everything moves forward. Unfortunbatly, if you use drugs or alchol to pass a hurdle you move the habits into the future with you-while not dealing with the mental, emotional things you need to. Feel sad as long as you need to feel sad, mourn, remember, and let yourself feel.
Hope this helps, this is where i would lightly punch you on the shoulder and say "keep your chin down, Kiddo"
Todd

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked your advice Todd... I don't know why more young people turn to suicide these days or maybe we didn't hear about it in my days of high school..the 60's. Maybe we had a better support structure...mother's stayed home more then too. But there is no reason for people dying prematurely in their lives...it has always happened though...life is really fragile. So my advice is like Todd's...you need to get tough. Stay on the path and become the person you want to be. Don't become discouraged because of what is happening around you, there is always a new day to try again. And as others have already said, Martialtalk is a group of friends to whom you can turn to for support. We are always here. TW

E

Erik

I'm terribly sorry about your pals.

Keep your chin up, Samantha. Stay strong.

I know it sucks, but keep in mind that you will get through this and find yourself that much stronger because of it.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Erik said:
I'm terribly sorry about your pals.

Keep your chin up, Samantha. Stay strong.

I know it sucks, but keep in mind that you will get through this and find yourself that much stronger because of it.
The Kai said:
Hope this helps, this is where i would lightly punch you on the shoulder and say "keep your chin down, Kiddo"
Todd

Now will you two guys quit confusing the girl? My line is confusing enough for her as it is... :D

Hope you're feeling better Samantha.

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I thought it would be appriate for a Karate Chat to say keep your chin down (get it?)., and your hands up
probably dumb on my part
Todd

OP
S

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
haha no, I'm not confused. I got it. Don't you know? when someone gets you in a choke from behind you MUST keep your chin down after pulling their arm away when hitting then in the throat with your elbow, or they might try to choke you again!

its friday. things dont suck as much as they did yesterday...

thanks for all your support btw

M

Master of Blades

Although not as bad I know how you feel. I had my last exam until June on Friday. For this exam I needed to take in 4 pages of notes. As I was walking to knock for my friend I dropped them in the wind and lost one page. Then I opened my drink and spilt it on another page. Then this girl was looking at my notes and dropped them in the wind (Luckily I didnt lose any). I tripped up the stairs walking to my year room, and had to re-write them again. Then at lunch about 6 minutes before my exam I pick up my plate of food from the cafeteria lady and the plate breaks dropping curry down my notes and front. To top it all off when I got home to celebrate me and my mates got a bit "Under the influence" and I thought it would be nice to make everyone sandwhiches. Im now missing a fat chunk of my finger.....I hate breadknives :CTF:

T

The Prof

Dear Samantha,

We never know why certain things seem to happen when and the way they do. Many of us have been where you are at this moment in time. 1999 for me was a pretty bad year. In Jan, my sensei passed away. We had been together since 1961. Feb, my dad passed, April my Mom passed in in June my dear brother passed. On between and for the rest of that year several people I knew and loved passed also. (even one of our cats) I remember thinking, man, this can't possibly get any worse. Then 9-11 happened.

Through it all is was my faith that got me over the top of my woes. Faith and also my dearest and closest friends. Hang in there, the sun will shine brighter for you. You will be in my prayers.

Blessings,

The Prof

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
This morning it struck me that as sad as such tragedies are, how much sadder it would be if a person were to die with nobody to know, to care, or to grieve.

My thoughts are with you today, as your thoughts are with them.

Regards,

Steve

AC_Pilot

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Samantha,
Sympathies for the current sadness in your life. This mortal existence is not all it's cracked up to be. Really it's a transitory test.. the years fly away..I have watched family die, and other family members completely waste their chances in this life for something good..that's much worse than simple end of existence. My father died last year and his life was not a waste at all, in fact he did many good things, including teaching me the true gospel when I got past my rebel phase, and I'll definitely see him again. Others I have known have lived 1/3 the years and wasted their lives.

Life is bright spots and joy mixed with sadness.
My wonderful girl Rottweiler was 11 years and seemingly very healthy.. she was a miracle dog that we bought as a pup, then saved her from a paralyzed spine (injury) at 8, and she spent the last 3 years of her life normally, after recovering with the help of acupuncture and physical therapy and lots of care from us, she even jogged with Susan the last few years. She suddenly went downhill two weeks ago and we took her to the vets where it was decided she was in shock and fading fast. I held her and talked to her as they euthanized her and I watched the life flow out of my silly, always happy, bright spot of a furry friend. We'll miss her every day. Life is a test, if we pass this test we will see every wonderful thing we can imagine, and more.. maybe we'll even have Romana returned to us to brighten our new eternal existence. Pray for your friends, even mercy for those now gone, and don't give up.. you have your whole life before you and you will see more sadness, that's for sure, but you can be a constant force for good if you make the right choices.

Steve

Latest Discussions