Pukulan Tjiminde Malay Pentjak-Silat in Kansas

GuruJim1

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hi everyone I just go by Guru Jim. That was the name my first students gave me and I kept it. I have been doing martial arts since I was five years old. I am now a young 35 year old. I have trained in Tjimande, Pukulan Tjiminde, Pangasinan Kali, Chaun Chi Tzuan Gung Fu, and Huc Chung Kuntao. Some of my teacher are but not limited to:

Tony Marcial Chaun Chi Tzuan / Marcial Triada system of Kali
Guy Savelli Huc Chung Kuntao
Al Colangelo Pukulan Tjiminde / Internal Silat
David Santiago Kali Silat

These are just some of my main instructors that added so much to my system. Let me just say I'm sorry to the instructors I didn't name. If you want to know more about my system of Pukulan Tjiminde Malay then click on my homepage below, or send me an E-Mail. Thank you, and May God Bless.

http://groups.msn.com/PukulanTjimindeMalay/_whatsnew.msnw

SilatFan

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hello Guru Jim!

Can you compare - in a posative way - what and how your different teachers taught you? Im not asking for "This master was the best" type stuff just your own experiences with these different teachers and what you felt you got most from each one.

Thanks!

OP
GuruJim1

GuruJim1

Green Belt
Reaction score
SilatFan,

Very good question, now your making me think. Well, Master Santiago was a great trapping, and arm/leg destruction fighter. He was very into trapping, locking, destroying, and throwing techniques. Santiago use of jurus, and langkahs gives a very good insight to the techniques and how to put them together.

As for Master Marcial, he taught how to be more grace full, and speed. Marcial weapons system is some of the best around. He also has great knowledge of Pangantukan (Filipino Boxing). Marical's drill taught me how to go from one techniques into another, then another.

Master Savelli taught me to use my mind to attack the attacker, and how to respond to an attack from any position. Savelli's system has some great takedowns, and can hit you very quickly from all type of position. Savelli's system has very explosive techniques.

Al Colangelo taught me some very good pukulan arts. I got a better understanding of animal fighting, use of stances and flowing in them, and how to put my langkahs, jurus, stance work, and the animals all into one flowing style.

I hope this is what you was asking. Any one of these instructor are very good to learn from. But with all of their lesson in my head gave me a complete insight of all the ranges of fighting. I am thankful to have been their student

OP
GuruJim1

GuruJim1

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hi There,

Well, I have been busy this week. I have added new video clips of Pukulan Tjiminde Malay on my Web Site. I will be adding Kuntao, Stance Work, and other to demonstrate what my style of Pukulan is all about. I hope you enjoy, and please feel free to give me some feedback. That is the only way to improve. Thank you all, and may God Bless.

Guru James W. Hogue

http://groups.msn.com/PukulanTjimindeMalay/_whatsnew.msnw

Latest Discussions