Public health gone too far...

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm all for making health care available to everybody, regardless of ability to pay, but this is going too far...

The cost to upgrade Josie Cunningham's 32A breasts to a set of 36DDs was $7,279, but the would-be model didn't pay a dime. The English girl's operation was funded by the National Health Service, so the British taxpayers all have a hand (figuratively, of course) in her new assets. Cunningham said that her formerly flat chest caused her emotional distress, so her doctor approved her for the operation. "I want money and fame," she said. "My new boobs can make it all happen."

The article includes a photo of the young lady, and frankly, it's going to take more than a boob job for her to be successful in modeling.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh dear :(. Wrongness on so many levels from the practical one of the misuse of public money to the psychological mindset in which Jordan (Katie Price) is a role model :faints:.

Drasken

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Seriously? Now, I think a lifesaving operation or plastic surgery to repair a serious disfigurement due to an accident or attack is fine. But she should have to pay every dime of that bill. If she can't then her doctor, who helped her exploit the system, should.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh dear :(. Wrongness on so many levels from the practical one of the misuse of public money to the psychological mindset in which Jordan (Katie Price) is a role model :faints:.
I'm pretty sure we can count on someone to come in and self righteously explain that there is a need for government to spend money weather it is on boob jobs or poo flinging chimps...

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There are surely cases where plastic/reconstructive surgery is appropriate for mental health reasons, but this doesn't strike me as one of them. But, if this is what the English want...