Professor Sam Brown

N

nightmoves

Has anyone ever heard of Professor Sam Brown.He studied under Chow and Emperado,and also Tiwanak in the late 40's early 50's.

John Bishop

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've never heard the gentlemans name in Kajukenbo circles, but I only know a handfull of the Kajukenbo seniors in Hawaii.
I wish I would have seen this post earlier. I just got home from a Kajukenbo seminar in Northern Calif. Many of our seniors, including Sijo Emperado were present. You may want to post your question at: kajukenbocafe.com
There are several Kajukenbo practitioners from Hawaii on the forum. If you don't get a answer and it's really important to you I can contact Sijo Emperado directly about the gentleman.

John Bishop

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I looked on the Kajukenbo family tree. Sam Brown is listed as one of the early black belts under Marino Tiwanak. Professor Tiwanak was Adriano Emperado's first black belt. He passed away a few years ago. His organization is the CHA-3 Kenpo Brotherood. Brown has probably gone his own way since only the head of the CHA-3 organization uses the title "Professor" in that organization.

Charlene

White Belt
Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard of Professor Sam Brown.He studied under Chow and Emperado,and also Tiwanak in the late 40's early 50's.

Sam Brown is my brother. He lives in Reno, Nevada. As of this date, January 28, 2015, he is in hospice care and has only days left with us. To those of you whose lives he touched please say a prayer. Mahalo.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Charlene,
Thank you for posting. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and his immediate family and to all those he touched with his teachings.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sam Brown is my brother. He lives in Reno, Nevada. As of this date, January 28, 2015, he is in hospice care and has only days left with us. To those of you whose lives he touched please say a prayer. Mahalo.

He and all in his family are in my prayers.

Latest Discussions