ppko & xequat take a look

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
ppko said:
Date please, also you have claimed to had some of Georges students at your school names please
I could ask you to answer all the questions I asked you in the past and you saw fit to dodge before I even consider answering yours’….but at this point I don’t even care…

Let's see.....I have a couple of options here…I could be like some of the other “lamers” I have seen on MT and not answer your question ...OR… I could be a real wuss like someone on MT who shall go nameless and cry “Thread Drift….Off Topic” then go crying:waah: to the “Mod Squad” and report your post ……..OR …..I could just give you an honest answer as best as I remember and give you an an answer I feel you deserve.

Dates: That’s a tough one…would have been over the last ten or twelve years or so starting in 1991 up to 1995ish(?)...

Names: Well, as far as Georgie’s people…all of them only stayed for one class and that was around the above mentioned time frame…actaully I don't recall what their names were....to be honest I wasn't that interested...so sorry can’t help ya….first off even if I did remember I certainly wouldn’t blast it over the Internet. Secondly, I have no idea what you want or need that info for.

Around 1999~2000 I had one of Moneymaker’s 4th dans from the U.K. come to one class….I know him because he worked at the same office with another student of mine. He popped in for one class, didn't do so well when demonstrating the techniquebunkai he had learned from Moneymaker, did even worse at bogu and never came back even when invited by my student and myself. He was a nice guy just couldn't swallow his pride.

Last summer I had a student of Patanzi’s (so he claimed) stop by as well, can’t remember his name either....something French... He was a nice guy just not very skilled in MAs. I actually think he lied about his training.
If you think I made it up about having some of his guys come to my dojo…fine, I don’t care. ....call me a "liar" if you want. I can suffer your slings and arrows.
Sorry, I can’t remember every person that has walked through my dojo door over the last 15 years. The ones that stay and train I remember....the ones that don't are just "Budo Tourists" to me.

How shall I put this politely???? ….Honestly, after reading some of your ideas and concepts on training and the way you conduct yourself here your opinion on anything doesn’t rate very high in my book.

Earlier you tried to accuse me of promoting my own teacher and claimed I was saying what everyone else did was crap. That’s not the case at all.

I rarely if ever mention my teachers name on any internet board or even my profile for that matter….I can’t do what my teacher does, and when the brown stuff hits the fan he is not going to be there to save me either. I don’t ride on other peoples coat tales.

I respect any martial artist that trains hard and trains with realism, or as much as the law will allow.:rofl:

“D.Cobb” is/was from Dillman’s Assoc…..that never bothered me in the slightest. I like and respect what D.Cobb says and the way he trains. I have MA friends in Tokyo that train in arts that don’t really interest me but they train hard and train with realism….and I respect them for it. There are even a couple guys on MT that trained/train with me now. They do other arts, but they train hard, and train for real....and I respect them for it.
It’s when people buy into “Martial Voodoo” type crap that belongs more in a comic book than a dojo is when they lose my respect.

So ppko, you can take this thread anywhere you like, make all the insinuations about me you want, call me a liar, a cheat, a thief, an axe murder….whatever your heart desires….

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
This is one of the best replys I have ever read from you. Thanks for the answers, I had thought from your posts that you had these people over in a seminar setting I guess I was wrong. I never thought you was lying I am just trying to find out who these people were. Just so you know I do train very hard and with realism I always have.

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
ppko said:
..... I had thought from your posts that you had these people over in a seminar setting I guess I was wrong.....
Nope, I don't give seminars. My skill level is not good enough.

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I've trained with Robert, and whenever he told me to attack I tried to take his head off his shoulders. Over the years I've been taught that if someone wants you to attack them, they will either be able to deal with your attack or not. If they can't, then they need to go back and train some more.

Robert had no problem dealing with my attack at all. I drove in as strongly as I could, and the next thing I knew I was looking at the ceiling wondering why I felt like I'd just French kissed a light socket...

I've had encounters with folks who told me "attack me," and then couldn't handle a real attack. An aikido dojo I attended a number of years back had a senior student of that particular bent. He told me to attack, and then told me to attack again but not so violently... Whatever. :rolleyes:

Teaching a technique while your "opponent" is standing still is fine. Then, once the technique is understood, have him attack at a slow pace and attempt to execute the technique. Pick up the pace as performance quality increases, until the attack is full power, full tilt.

Anything else is BS, and everyone, including the folks who disagree with that training mentality, will agree that anything short of that will produce students who are ill prepared for the real world.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Matt Stone said:
I drove in as strongly as I could, and the next thing I knew I was looking at the ceiling wondering why I felt like I'd just French kissed a light socket...

Matt, do we really want to ask how you knew what that felt like? :)

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Bob Hubbard said:
Matt, do we really want to ask how you knew what that felt like? :)

I don't even want to think about what Freud would say about that...
augen22.gif

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Here are a few more URLs with bogus techniques……they are good for a laugh…enjoy

this one has to be the saddest display of Kyusho I have ever seen bar none! This is the "Poster Boy" of BS kyusho!!
http://www.kyushojitsutuite.com/knockouts.html

This is site is not bad really except the KO is pretty much of a joke
http://www.kyusho-uechi-ryu.co.uk/knockout.htm

what can I say.....pure crap
http://www.ssmma.com/videos/multiple_attackers.mov

This guy does a nice job of splitting his elbow open, go to the coconut splitting mpeg
http://www.ironpalm.com/

The Chinese guy in the video is interesting but the wannabie Ninja just cracks me up.
http://www.bamboo-delight.com/swaz_exer.htm

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!
http://streetcombat.8m.com/

The only one of them that has any real skill! My favorite! It truly reflects my opinion on "no touch KOs"!!!
http://www.kyushojitsutuite.com/KOs/notouchx.mpeg

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Here are a few more URLs with bogus techniques……they are good for a laugh…enjoy

this one has to be the saddest display of Kyusho I have ever seen bar none! This is the "Poster Boy" of BS kyusho!!
http://www.kyushojitsutuite.com/knockouts.html

With this URL you gave, it showed a list of different videoclips. I liked the one entitled "Unsuccessful No Touch KO". It also is the same as the last URL you gave. I concur with you.

- Ceicei

Drag'n

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hahahahahahahah!
I thought the ninja was funny till I saw the last link.
Laughed so hard I nearly fell off my chair!
A truly great example of the effect of a no touch KO.

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
That Dr. Wu's site is a scary thing. Dr. Wu is a Chinese chiropractor who is a member of the Aryan nations? What. Ev. Er.

And the poster boy of KO's...gimme a break. I wonder how long he can hold his breath...before the chokehold puts him to sleep. That remains one of my favorite replies to these bozo's. They tell me they could knock me out with a tap...I ask them, "You should try it while I shoot on you, pull you to the floor, pound you in the head a coupla times, and put you in a sleeper. Maybe you'll be able to knock me out while I'm choking you. By the way, how long can you hold your breath?". (Read my sig line...that question has been on there as long as I've been on MT...now you know where it comes from)

Dave

BlackCatBonz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
i must admit.....and no disrespect.....but that is some of the most fake and lame stuff ive ever seen.

shawn

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey Robert, you got famous. Some people are bitching about this thread, over on the KI forum, where you got some of the clips.

--Dave

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
D.Cobb said:
Hey Robert, you got famous. Some people are bitching about this thread, over on the KI forum, where you got some of the clips.

--Dave
Can you post the URL for it.....I can't seem to find it

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
OK then...:bs:

I just looked at some of those links that were posted, and I have to ask, in all seriousness, are any of these guys actually supposed to be for real, or is it just an exercise in leg pulling, because I don't mean to offend anybody who perhaps studies such a style but really, come on!:mrtoilet:

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
SIMONCURRAN said:
OK then...:bs:

I just looked at some of those links that were posted, and I have to ask, in all seriousness, are any of these guys actually supposed to be for real, or is it just an exercise in leg pulling, because I don't mean to offend anybody who perhaps studies such a style but really, come on!:mrtoilet:

Sorry to say but some people think that crap will actually work on someone who is fighting back....

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
RRouuselot said:
Sorry to say but some people think that crap will actually work on someone who is fighting back....
The mind boggles...
I for one am not going to be standing around waiting whilst somebody performs a jedi mind trick on me, I am more likely to be coming at them like th proverbial bull in the china shop...

T

TonyM.

I emailed wu two years ago after reading some of his comments about training Women or "Blacks". Needless to say He needs to stay out of Vermont and New Hampshire.

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Whilst not defending the staged way in which some of these clips were done, I will say this. The very first time I experienced a pressure point technique, my instructor told me to take his head off. Coming from an American Kenpo background, that is exactly what I tried to do. I still remember this like it was yesterday, it was the softest tap I have ever felt. My mind was telling me to hit him again as my body was folding up toward the floor. My goal, so far as so called kyusho goes, is to be that good.
I have been stopped in my tracks by, what felt like, a rub to my jaw. at the time I was trying to blitz him. He parried my strikes and just when I thought, "I've got him!" he gave me the softest caress along my jawline, and down I went. I remember thinking, as I went down, "this is not possible, I haven't even been hit!"

These strikes were done at full pace, and my intent was to hit him just once. For the record, I only ever got him once, and he never even flinched.
Also of note is the fact that I was never hurt as Uke, and this is the kind of pressure point techniques I want to pass on to my students. Not hurt, but incapable of continuing the attack.

--Dave

Latest Discussions