ppko & xequat take a look

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
SIMONCURRAN said:
Seems kinda petty to me Rousselot, throwing somebody out because they have called somebody elses bluff...

Sad, very sad.:rolleyes:
Yes it is.

No doubt his lackeys will descend upon this thread once again. To be honest their childish insults and “internet challenges”* get old.
Odd thing is I have yet to read a post of theirs on MT that could be considered “constructive” or informative.

*One KI member suggested they take up a collection and fly Pantazi over to Japan, I replied my door is always open.

BlackCatBonz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
as far as the eyeball knockout goes......it could be attributed to aschner's phenomenon (oculocardiac reflex) which creates a reduction in the hearts BPM. i highly doubt that this was the case. the strike would have caused another natural reflex, orbicularis oculi reflex, or tightly closing the eye, which is the result of a strike around the orbit. this clenching shut of the eye and its surrounding musculature really wouldnt allow a nice penetrating strike of said point.

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
BlackCatBonz said:
as far as the eyeball knockout goes......it could be attributed to aschner's phenomenon (oculocardiac reflex) which creates a reduction in the hearts BPM. i highly doubt that this was the case. the strike would have caused another natural reflex, orbicularis oculi reflex, or tightly closing the eye, which is the result of a strike around the orbit. this clenching shut of the eye and its surrounding musculature really wouldnt allow a nice penetrating strike of said point.
Well done. :ultracool
Sounds like you just blew another BS :bs1:"color by numbers kyusho" theory away.

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Doc said:
Here's my take on the "eyeball knockout." In my opinion, someone may have accomplished this and assumed it was the eyeball. This is false. However from viewing the video someone put up awhile back, I suggest that it was more probably his cupped hand in conjunction with the proper posture etc. striking the Gall Bladder 20 cluster that is just above the eye over the eyebrow line. Just my take.

Hey Doc, how goes it? isn't the GB 20 at the back of the head?

--Dave

Bod

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I was thinking about the cupped hand thing. Strikes to the face seem to go better wit hthe cupped hand. Some say this is to do with kyusho points, which may be true.

I was thinking though that maybe the strikers body mechanics benefit from the cupped hand. You get the required balance between the arm relaxation of a slap and the hand and wrist tension of a (hook) punch.

I'm sure this increases the delivered power quite a bit.

Bod

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I've thought of a good way to test this out. I'll put on my plastic face guard and get my flatmate to slap me hard, and then see what happens.

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
D.Cobb said:
Hey Doc, how goes it? isn't the GB 20 at the back of the head?

--Dave
Yeah my bad, I meant to say "14." I gotta get some sleep one of these days. When the posture and the strike are done correctly, this will give you that effect. Good catch guys. Keep me honest.

Latest Discussions