Post Upgrade/Move Problems, Please Post HERE.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Andrew Green said:
odd... my Firefox doesn't have an "options" under the tools menu... Maybe Linux/windows version differences... oh well...

Mine does (under Windows), and that's how I clear the cache periodically.

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
so now when you want to type on a new line you have to insert the "br" tag yourself? otherwise everything appears on the same line

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yes, I noticed that several of my posts became one long paragraph with no line breaks. Script problem or do I need to change something?

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Navarre said:
Yes, I noticed that several of my posts became one long paragraph with no line breaks. Script problem or do I need to change something?
what im doing is putting < then br then / then > all together (i didnt put it together because it will be interpreted as a new line and you wont see it) "

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
Not really a problem, but a question. Previously the "Forum tools" button had a slide-out control with "Mark all as Read" as an option. Now, it seems to just be an anchor link to the bottom of the page. Was this intended? I sort of liked the menus. ;)

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OUMoose said:
Not really a problem, but a question. Previously the "Forum tools" button had a slide-out control with "Mark all as Read" as an option. Now, it seems to just be an anchor link to the bottom of the page. Was this intended? I sort of liked the menus. ;)
Try clearing your cache and/or restarting your browser. The drop downs work ok for me.

If you are having interface issues (editor not working, drop downs not dropping, buttons not buttoning, etc) please include which browser you are using when reporting a problem. Also, before reporting it, try clearing your browsers cache and restarting it. If you haven't rebooted your system recently, you might try that as well. Thank you. :)

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
upnorthkyosa said:
I love the new post editor. I especially like the spell check. However, in the attachments catagory, I noticed that certain files are not allowed to me. How can I be cleared to post movies? Is there an upgrade from supporting member that I could purchase...maybe like super member or ultra member or kami member? ;)

Spell Check? Am I missing something? I rallie kneed u sphel cheker

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh, and I dont seem to be getting PM pop up messages anymore. I have checked and rechecked the option for it. :idunno:

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
7starmantis said:
Oh, and I dont seem to be getting PM pop up messages anymore. I have checked and rechecked the option for it. :idunno:
Check popup stopper settings. With the DNS change, stuffs, well, changed. :)

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
Bob Hubbard said:
Try clearing your cache and/or restarting your browser. The drop downs work ok for me.

If you are having interface issues (editor not working, drop downs not dropping, buttons not buttoning, etc) please include which browser you are using when reporting a problem. Also, before reporting it, try clearing your browsers cache and restarting it. If you haven't rebooted your system recently, you might try that as well. Thank you. :)
Cache cleared. Object still not working.

Running Opera 8.5 on Windows XP. It's my work laptop (gets rebooted everyday), and was working fine previously. :)

May not have been clear previously. When you clicked on the "tools" button at the top of a forum, I'm guessing a DHTML object spawned a new little window listing some options like "Mark all as read", "subscribe", etc. This is now just redirecting to the bottom of the page where the options reside. Just for giggles, I tried it in Internet Explorer as well (after clearing the cache) and it does the same thing.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OUMoose said:
Cache cleared. Object still not working.

Running Opera 8.5 on Windows XP. It's my work laptop (gets rebooted everyday), and was working fine previously. :)

May not have been clear previously. When you clicked on the "tools" button at the top of a forum, I'm guessing a DHTML object spawned a new little window listing some options like "Mark all as read", "subscribe", etc. This is now just redirecting to the bottom of the page where the options reside. Just for giggles, I tried it in Internet Explorer as well (after clearing the cache) and it does the same thing.
hmm....I tested ok on Opera, Netscape, IE and Firefox. Give it a day to work out, and I'll research in the mean time.

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Seeing some weird things with avatars and button images, most notably, Bob seems to be using JFarnsworth's avatar. Other various weird things.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Clear cache & cookies, restart browser, and give it a day or 2 to smooth out. DNS is updating at a nice clip, but tends to be a little wonky.

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Mr. Bob
how long did you wait for the DNS peeps to update?
what's the company anway?
the one i deal with takes like 10 days if i call them 3 times a day. and takes forever if i dont.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We run DNS on this server. I updated the registrar with the new name servers 2 days before we started the site move, and then changed MT to use them after I was confident the site was running ok. I just checked the old site, and daily traffic there is down from 2GB to about 50MB, so it looks good.

I use GoDaddy as a registrar as they seem to have good push-updates on DNS changes.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
When quoting it seems to turn all smilies and quotation marks (and such) into text (code) instead of their regular appearance.
When posting I am unable to use any of the editing features, e.g. bold, ital, smilies, justification. Bob, I can't tell you how much I'm already enjoying the new changes! I hope the glitches are easy and quick to fix.
Yep. Same here. Love the changes though. Hope you don't go too crazy ironing out the bugs...oh, uh too late?

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oops! No edit post button either. I meant to add - What's up with Spider Girl everywhere? lol!

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Clear cache & cookies, restart browser
If it persists, let me know what browser you are using. :)

Latest Discussions