Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Real Karoddykus only train in 100% nylon. Cotton is for effetes 😑

HighKick

Black Belt
Reaction score
Real Karoddykus only train in 100% nylon. Cotton is for effetes 😑
I hate the feel of nylon or polyester though. It does not breath at all. It was made for that purpose and then repurposed as cheap fabric.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wear a nylon keikogi, paint it in latex glue and then overlay black bin bags before training in a sauna.😑

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doesn’t everyone? 😏
All I hear is ”soft cotton and air conditioned dojo” as a demand. We old schoolers laugh at those snowflakes 😐😉

Seriously though, I don’t know how people train in places like Malaysia/Thailand/Burma where it’s boiling hot and 100% humidity. I’d take up stamp collecting instead!

gyoja

Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I hear is ”soft cotton and air conditioned dojo” as a demand. We old schoolers laugh at those snowflakes 😐😉

Seriously though, I don’t know how people train in places like Malaysia/Thailand/Burma where it’s boiling hot and 100% humidity. I’d take up stamp collecting instead!
Korea was brutal in the north (South Korea). Humid, jungle like conditions in the summer and bitter, wet cold in the winter. To be honest, I found the summers more tolerable.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Korea was brutal in the north (South Korea). Humid, jungle like conditions in the summer and bitter, wet cold in the winter. To be honest, I found the summers more tolerable.
Did you train in those conditions? As I get older, I become less cold tolerant but humidity is what I find really unpleasant.

gyoja

Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you train in those conditions? As I get older, I become less cold tolerant but humidity is what I find really unpleasant.
Absolutely. I can still remember the instructor watching me to see if I would start shaking in the snow. I think that he believed that I would quit because I was an American. Little did he know that Uncle Sam preferred that I lived outdoors! 😂

I also grew up and currently live in a hot, humid state.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely. I can still remember the instructor watching me to see if I would start shaking in the snow. I think that he believed that I would quit because I was an American. Little did he know that Uncle Sam preferred that I lived outdoors! 😂
Brrrrr 🥶
I also grew up and currently live in a hot, humid state.
You must’ve been very bad in a previous life 😐😉

opr1945

Green Belt
Reaction score
I'm doing some gi shopping, and I'm considering polycotton. I've only worn cotton up to this point. The two that are up for consideration are the Shureido New Wave 2 and the Arawaza Kata Deluxe Evo.
So is this the one you are considering ($1145.96)?

61+33k61zrL._AC_SY741_.jpg

opr1945

Green Belt
Reaction score
when I checked the arawaza web site this GI that Amazon had roe $1145.95 is currently listed at $115.19. So Amazon must have moved a decimal point. Amazon now shows it as not available.

gyoja

Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
Hot Lunch

Hot Lunch

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Sooo, you decided against polycotton and 'that gi' is NOT polycotton, so why not get it?
Two things:

1. I specifically mentioned the models I was looking at. If he had been paying attention, he would have noticed that that's not the one. First, because I stated the name of the model. Second, the one he posted can't be the right one, because it's not polycotton in the first place.

2. Sure, let's just buy anything that's not polycotton. 🙄

HighKick

Black Belt
Reaction score
Two things:

1. I specifically mentioned the models I was looking at. If he had been paying attention, he would have noticed that that's not the one. First, because I stated the name of the model. Second, the one he posted can't be the right one, because it's not polycotton in the first place.

2. Sure, let's just buy anything that's not polycotton. 🙄
You said it, not me or he.

opr1945

Green Belt
Reaction score
I knew it was not poly cotton. But at a listed price of $1145.95 I thought it was kind of humorous. apparently the price was an error. Even though I am new, maybe because of it, I thought the price was ridiculous ( are there GI's that actually cost $1000 or more???)

My post was off topic and I apologize (though I do that frequently).

Last edited:

HighKick

Black Belt
Reaction score
I knew it was not poly cotton. But at a listed price of $1145.95 I thought it was kind of humorous. apparently the price was an error. Even though I am new, maybe because of it, I thought the price was ridiculous ( are there GI's that actually cost $1000 or more???)

I certainly hope not!!!
I hope you are enjoying your training. This may have already been covered, but have you checked with you coach/instructor to see if they sell Gi's?

OP
Hot Lunch

Hot Lunch

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score

Things like this are all over Amazon. It could be an error, but there's also the likelihood that it's intentional. They're probably hoping that some poor schmuck sees $114.95 at first glance, and clicks the order button.

Latest Discussions