Poll

K

kenpofanatic

I love doing forms, I feel peaceful after stepping out into my backyard and going thru a couple of forms before class.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to MartialTalk. I see you have made your first post here. :)

- Ceicei

OP
K

kenpofanatic

Thanks, I've been on here on and off the past several months and really enjoy all the discussions.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I love practicing the forms as well. For me it's a way of life. People usually stare when I practice the hand movements from 6 without knowing I'm doing it.:rofl: It makes me feel awkward but who cares.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm learning to like forms also. I had always preferred techniques and sparring, but I noticed that when my basics became more smooth and powerful, my forms naturally became better. I enjoy them more now than I had in the past.

- Ceicei

JD_Nelson

Green Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jfarnsworth
I love practicing the forms as well. For me it's a way of life. People usually stare when I practice the hand movements from 6 without knowing I'm doing it.:rofl: It makes me feel awkward but who cares.

I work on my kenpo at times and dont even realize it. Whether it is footwork, or ensuring the proper positioning of an inward or outward block. I get the weird looks but dont really mind them. The worse timing I have is when I am out with my wife and start dazing into my little kenpo world and doing moves with her in public. That reprimand is worse than my instructors when I foul up.

Salute

JD

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by JD_Nelson
The worse timing I have is when I am out with my wife and start dazing into my little kenpo world and doing moves with her in public. That reprimand is worse than my instructors when I foul up.
Salute
JD
Me too. Sometimes Mel just rolls her eyes, others she just asks "Who were you beating up that time?"
It's become our little inside joke.

Your Bro. (randomly swinging limbs in public places)
John

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by jfarnsworth

Don't just do the form, BE THE FORM! Now go back and do it right this time!:mad:

Latest Discussions