Pole Dancing Doll???? WTF?!?

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Do bear in mind tho' that the Daily Mail has sunk so deep as to be the eptiome of what a newspaper should not be - even the Sun has more credability (well, maybe not that far ... tho, then again, there is at least one page in the Sun that might be worth a look :D).

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Do bear in mind tho' that the Daily Mail has sunk so deep as to be the eptiome of what a newspaper should not be - even the Sun has more credability (well, maybe not that far :D).

Hey Suke, question for you, what kind of a shop is Tesco?

It sounds like what we have over here as Super Wal-Marts or Super Targets. Basically department stores where you can find low-to-mid-priced clothes, electronics, hardware, as well as the week's groceries.

I think you folks call them "supermarkets" but over here a "supermarket" is just a big grocery store. Just curious :)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Its when you see a pole dancing DON, that you really have to worry...

:anic: the horror...the horror :D

Guess your agency didn't get the word... due to the ever worsening state budget there are only 2 horsemen left, and even they can't get travel reimbursement anymore.... I hear the 2 that were laid off have joined the Chippendales.....

Speaking of pole dancing, state tax department will soon have an agent in each strip joint pulling dollar bills out of the ladies' costumes...

DAMN the things I miss when I delete the broadcast e-mails :D

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
What's immoral about stripping?
Or what's immoral about 2 consenting adults exchanging sexual services for money?

Note that I don't care about toy weapons one way or another, and neither would I like my daughters to end up in the sex industry.
Yet if someone chooses to do so, that I see nothing amoral about that, provided they make the choice themselves of course.

All the religious arguments and comments about the spread of disease aside, fundementallty speaking the worst thing about it is that it encourages us to treat PEOPLE like THINGS..... to be used when, where, and how we wish, and then cast aside. And that is how just about every truly evil thing in life begins, treating people like things.

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
All the religious arguments and comments about the spread of disease aside, fundementallty speaking the worst thing about it is that it encourages us to treat PEOPLE like THINGS..... to be used when, where, and how we wish, and then cast aside. And that is how just about every truly evil thing in life begins, treating people like things.

I can certainly see the point of your argument. Treating people as things is certainly wrong. Yet I could make the same argument about how e.g. cheerleading (or is that cheering?) makes men look at those women as things instead of human beings. It is up to us not to do that. Our reactions are our own responsibilities. If I would look at a strippers / prostitutes as things instead of a person, that would be my fault, and noone else's.

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score

I haven`t seen civilization threatened by eye candy yet..

History HAVE seen true evil rise from treating people like lesser beings.. like how the politically correct view strippers -human wrecks who always are involved in drug use, crime and generally undermining the moral fabric of society.

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It’s the Libertarian in me….

It should be no one’s business if someone makes a chose to sell sex to another for money. One can sell their knowledge, and their labour, how is selling their body any different? This is not about imposing ones morality on another, this is about the right to control your body. By what right does anyone have to tell another what they can and can not do with their body?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
It’s the Libertarian in me….

It should be no one’s business if someone makes a chose to sell sex to another for money. One can sell their knowledge, and their labour, how is selling their body any different? This is not about imposing ones morality on another, this is about the right to control your body. By what right does anyone have to tell another what they can and can not do with their body?

ummm...did I miss something...... has Dr Frankenstein (That's Fronk-in-steen :D) got a hold of this thing and brought it to life...... It's a Doll it cannot choose to do anything with its body...its made of plastic.

Now if you will excuse me the Four horseman are here and we are having tea.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sigh....what people won't come up with to make a buck or two eh. Of course, just because someone may get this, doesn't mean that the child will turn into a stripper, no more than I jumped off a cliff like I saw on the Road Runner or hit someone on the head with a stick like you'd see in other cartoons, with the only side effect being a bunch of floating birds. Nor did I chase after my younger sister dressed as Jason or Michael Meyers.

Oddly enough, I was flipping thru the TV stations a day or so ago, and saw an ad for this. Pay special attn. to that video, especially around the 1:20 mark. And then of course this. Hmm...lap and chair dancing, pole dancing and pole tricks, XXX power strip, and of course the hottie body boxing, which I'm sure is taught by a qualified person with martial arts or boxing exp., but thats another thread.

Sad as it may be, its 2009. You can't leave your house without seeing something that is, dare I say the evil word...offensive.

Nolerama

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have a hard time believing that the pole dancing doll is an actual consumer product, sold in actual toy stores.

What kind of parent would buy this for their kid? Maybe the Pageant Moms?

Take the kids out of the equation for a sec.... I think pole dancing is pretty awesome and makes exercise fun for a lot of ladies. You can pole dance and not be a stripper, too. It's a pretty athletic thing.

But not for the kids. A four year old shouldn't realize their sexuality and associate it with recreation in that manner, IMHO.

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
ummm...did I miss something...... has Dr Frankenstein (That's Fronk-in-steen :D) got a hold of this thing and brought it to life...... It's a Doll it cannot choose to do anything with its body...its made of plastic.

Now if you will excuse me the Four horseman are here and we are having tea.

Damn it, will you please stop making sense??!!! It's down right confusing!

OP
celtic_crippler

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
Toys have a serious impact on children. Along with "guidance" from their parents/mentors/peers they effect how they percieve themselves and their roles in society. The impact of these influences manifest in adulthood.

"I know all about the differences between boys and girls,"
those of us sitting next to her gasped,
"Oh, no!"
The mother laughed and said,
"That's what I thought, too, but instead of saying anything about penises and vaginas, she went through this whole thing about how
'Boys play with firetrucks and girls play with dolls. Boys play in the sandbox and girls play in the housekeeping area. Girls wear dresses and boys don't. Boys are doctors and girls are nurses.'
So, by age three, this young lady had learned gender roles.
Gender roles are “attitudes and activities that a society links to each sex.” These roles are closely related to gender stereotyping-- a prejudiced description of who ‘men’ are and ‘women’ are. Think about the last statement she said, "Boys are doctors and girls are nurses." This is particularly interesting because this little girl's mommy happens to be a doctor.

http://www.spiritlakeconsulting.com/SLC/sharedfiles/library/devpsych/ecgender.htm

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
Make sure you got an exra pot ready Xue, Famine tend to make the tea disappear right out of the cups. Last time I had the riders over War smashed the table with his axe because there were only one lump of sugar left and he likes it extra sweet.. with two. Death mostly just sits there, just occationally complaining about the headache he gets from Pestilence`s flies buzzing around inside his skull.

Latest Discussions