Please help me!

bookworm_cn317

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm currently interning at a local news station and, much like the title says, I need help. I need some story ideas to pitch and, hopefully, write about.

So, please HELP ME!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm currently interning at a local news station and, much like the title says, I need help. I need some story ideas to pitch and, hopefully, write about.

So, please HELP ME!

The hot topic up here is the story from West Palm Beach of those minors that broke into that house raped the woman, made the son join in and then poured cleaning solution in his eyes..Any spin off on that would be great especialy if you intern for a talk station...

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bookworm for me you should look into the good aspects of what some great folk do on a day to day basis that will bring a spin on the community as a whole. Like those kind folks that spend time at a senior center helping without any regards to pubplicaty this would be a nice change f pace for a TV station, maybe do it on a weekly basis spot lighting those that help without wanting anything in return, you know the hometown unsung heros.

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bookworm for me you should look into the good aspects of what some great folk do on a day to day basis that will bring a spin on the community as a whole. Like those kind folks that spend time at a senior center helping without any regards to pubplicaty this would be a nice change f pace for a TV station, maybe do it on a weekly basis spot lighting those that help without wanting anything in return, you know the hometown unsung heros.

Great idea, I'd love to watch the news and see good things for a change.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bookworm for me you should look into the good aspects of what some great folk do on a day to day basis that will bring a spin on the community as a whole.

The problem is Terry most stations want something a little more sensational, a topic that will raise the blood presure of its listeners..Now if she worked for a Christian station your topic would be perfect...

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The problem is Terry most stations want something a little more sensational, a topic that will raise the blood presure of its listeners..Now if she worked for a Christian station your topic would be perfect...

Unfortunately Drac is probably correct, "bad" news sells. But I still like the idea of good news, brought up by Terry. Most stations will play a good news feature on a daily basis, but if you notice, not much time is devoted to it, nor is the primetime of the broadcast. A lot of times it is televised in passing. One of the reason that I rarely watch the news is for the reason that it's all bad news. I guess people like to know that others are worse off than they are ... LOL

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I agrree Drac, too bad it has come to that.

Latest Discussions