Please forgive me while I honor.....

Ninebird8

Blue Belt
Reaction score
To all: Please forgive me as I know this is not a normal topic and especially on the General Martial Arts, but since this site is a place of honor, with people of honor, I would like to pay my respects, love, and deep honor to the passing of my father, a true warrior. He fought in World War 2, landing at Omaha Beach during D Day, fighting in the Battle of the Bulge, and seeing many of his friends die while he fought honorably!

On this site, I know we speak of honor, respect, best martial arts, the great human spirit, etc. I hope no one takes offense if I recognize my father, a man of honor, and someone I loved and, before my three masters ever showed me a technique beginning 32 years ago, was the first to show me HONOR by working hard, providing for our family, putting three of us through college, and living a good life.

God bless you Dad, a martial artist in the truest sense of the word. May you rest in peace, and to all my fellow martial artists on this page, live life, teach well, and learn our art every day so we can pass on with honor from those who taught us to those who need us to teach them.

Thank you, I hope I did not violate any code of operation here. Thank you Mr. Hubbard.

With honor, love, and great respect to my Father,

Ninebird8

Meathook

White Belt
Reaction score
Death sucks, the only good thing about it is it makes us appreciate life. Best wishes to you and yours.

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Honor to him, a fine and brave man. He, and those like him, once upon a time truly helped save the world.

:asian:

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Very nice tribute to your Dad, God bless you, and may he rest in peace.:asian:

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My condolences for your loss..

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We owe your father respect and a great debt for his service.
:asian:

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It is clear from your tribute that honor was not just something that your father taught...but also something you learned as his child.

btw...my father was a WWII vet that passed away some years back. I like to think that somewhere up there your father and mine are enjoying some good belly laughs about the old days. :)

Peace to you and your family...you are in my prayers. :asian:

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Those who live with honour are a loss to us all when they pass but the example they give lives on in those that emulate them.

Your father and my grandfather might not have been on the same beach but they were at the same place, at the same time, with the same purpose.

I shall raise a glass to the memory of them all.

Last edited:

Latest Discussions