Photos From The Quiddich 4th World Cup

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
No, seriously... they got 'em!

http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/bigshots/2010/11/quidditch_world_cup.html

Am thinking that the golden snitch should be mebbe one of those remotely piloted small helicopters... flown around at a reasonable height of course by a non-biased individual... :uhyeah:

I think I'd probably get a kick out of watching one of those games... :lol:
Serious business this is.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I hate myself for pointing out that Quiddictch is misspelled in the thread title.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Look.

Quidditch isnt really a sport.

Klingon ISN'T a language.

And JEDI Isn't a religion.

People need to Grow up.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Or lighten up.....

No, seriously... I can see adults doing this... galloping around a feild on fake brooms like they are hobby horses with their Harry Potter costumes on pretending like they are really flying.

Pretty soon it will be like the ludicrous Colleges teaching Klingon as a legitimate language, and as ridiculous as a certain law firm who was looking to hire Klingon Language interpreters to deal with their Klingon-speaking clients.

Sorry Jerkos, if you are injured in a car accident, you ought give up the fantasy world you live in to speak to the doctors and lawyers, or suffer because you wouldn't grow up.

As far as I am concerned It's not about me needing to Lighten up, its about people needing to understand the difference between "Fantasy" and "Real Life"...

I mean, I'm a HUGE star wars geek... I even have a Star Wars tattoo, ya know... but I AIN'T no mystical Jedi, I can't use the force, the Wampa isn't gonna eat me if I go out in the snow, and I can't freeze my enemies is Carbonite.

Han didn't even shoot first. He didn't shoot at all.

IT'S. A. MOVIE.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look.

Quidditch isnt really a sport.

Klingon ISN'T a language.

And JEDI Isn't a religion.

People need to Grow up.
Klingon IS a language.

It's an invented language, that's not used by anyone in the real world, but it is a real language. So are the various versions of Elvish created by Tolkien.

But... insisting on using them for more than fun? That goes in the same category as the ninjer-LARPers who want to dress up in their black masks and Japanese theater costumes and sneak around...

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Klingon IS a language.

It's an invented language, that's not used by anyone in the real world, but it is a real language. So are the various versions of Elvish created by Tolkien.

Maybe. No indigenous peoples have ever spoken it... I'd go so far as to say it's a "Complete Fake Language", but I'd argue that for it to be "Real" it would have to have actually existed and not have been the product a work of fiction.

I mean, I have the complete Necronomicon including all the Chants, Symbols and Magic words... does that make it a "Real" spellbook?

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe. No indigenous peoples have ever spoken it... I'd go so far as to say it's a "Complete Fake Language", but I'd argue that for it to be "Real" it would have to have actually existed and not have been the product a work of fiction.

I mean, I have the complete Necronomicon including all the Chants, Symbols and Magic words... does that make it a "Real" spellbook?
It's a real book, and it contains "spells."

I don't know if they work or not... Maybe you do?

Is that sort of magic real? That's a whole different question.

Is Esperanto a "real" language?

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Is Esperanto a "real" language?

That's tough to say. It was a made up complete language. Iv'e generally heard it referred to as a "Constructed" or "Artifical" language... but it does have a population of native speakers who were raised with it as a first language, and it isn't a construction of/for a work of fiction that was adopted by geeks who want to disconnect from the world and believe they are Aliens for real. So maybe, But, again, I'd probably call it an Artificial Language.

Latest Discussions