Photographer robs wedding couples...

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This is from a story in the Cleveland, Ohio area.

SOLON -- Donnette Smith and Ramon Landicho got married last September, 26 years after going to the prom together.

It was also a big day for their wedding photographer Melanie Schoolcraft.

It was Schoolcraft's birthday so the couple even had a birthday cake brought especially for her.

But nine months later, Schoolcraft has cashed the couple's check but never printed the photos.

The couple is not alone.

Court records show nine other couples lost $9,000 and were robbed of photos of their most momentous day.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_article.a … yid=117106

http://www.cantonrep.com/news/x20857654 … complaints

http://www.cantonrep.com/communities/al … eft-charge

---------

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This reply was left on one of those sites.

"This is why you should strongly consider hiring an established, veteran, experienced wedding photographer with liability and/or indemnification insurance who goes into an assignement with at least two professional-grade camera and flash systems. It takes many years and many assignements to learn where to be and when to be there during any denomination ceremony, and to determine whether he or she has the proper temperament to deal with the stress, pressure and responsibility associated with chronicling the most significant event of a person's life. I'm completely baffled as to what reason Schoolcraft has to not deliver the images to her clients, seeing as how they were obviously captured successfully otherwise they wouldn't have been posted on her viewing site. I'm also enraged at her smug attitude as displayed in court on the video clip. Bottom line: don't shop for a wedding-related vendor simply based on price point.
7/4/2009 11:30 AM EDT on wkyc.com "

This is why I've avoided weddings. Too many potential headaches for my tastes.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This reply was left on one of those sites.

"This is why you should strongly consider hiring an established, veteran, experienced wedding photographer with liability and/or indemnification insurance who goes into an assignement with at least two professional-grade camera and flash systems. It takes many years and many assignements to learn where to be and when to be there during any denomination ceremony, and to determine whether he or she has the proper temperament to deal with the stress, pressure and responsibility associated with chronicling the most significant event of a person's life. I'm completely baffled as to what reason Schoolcraft has to not deliver the images to her clients, seeing as how they were obviously captured successfully otherwise they wouldn't have been posted on her viewing site. I'm also enraged at her smug attitude as displayed in court on the video clip. Bottom line: don't shop for a wedding-related vendor simply based on price point.
7/4/2009 11:30 AM EDT on wkyc.com "

This is why I've avoided weddings. Too many potential headaches for my tastes.

Bob it seems you need experience to get the job and do it right, but how do get the job and do it right without doing some?

;)

As to the OP, it seems that she is a bad person taking advantage of people.

Thanks

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Actually, you can get experience, hook up with someone with experience and apprentice.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wedding photography, like martial arts photography, or portrait photography, demands the right combination of experience and talent, as well as a temperament suitable to the job. There's a lot of stress in wedding photography, because so much of it is a one-time shot. And that's before you add in the stressed out couple and families!

My wife picked our wedding photographer; I don't know what all she went through, but the woman did a great job. (Sorry, Shelley, wrong state & we didn't even know you were around -- but you did a great job at Bob's, from the pics I've seen!) And gave us a CD of the photos within a week. We could have paid a bit more for a bound album, but we chose not to.

Latest Discussions