PC to Mac?

wushuguy

Purple Belt
Reaction score
So, any ideas on how to cool this space heater off? Case is so hot I swear you could cook on it. Clueless people at the Applestore were no help, neither was Apple's forums. Power supply is scoring close to 190' right now according to iStat.

I fell for the advertisements and bought an i-mac-n-crack a few years ago. When running into problems, most people I asked help for it on their forums or support blindly kept saying how great mac-n-cracks were. However they did admit if the slot drive cd got stuck, you have to fish the cd out with a thin blade, paper clip, or some tape, how cool is that?!:rolleyes:
Basically buy a mac, and you're on your own to fix problems... About the heat issue, I was told by their rep, that that is a result of macs being thinner and more hip than a pc, which could have enough space to put a fan... perhaps having a macbook-burn on your thigh is cooler than a pc-blister?

steve7968

White Belt
Reaction score
I live in Firefox. mac version avail
Need to test against IE. No current mac version available. There is Safari, Chrome, etc.
I use Dreamweaver (mac), Photoshop (mac) and Eudora (outdated version available).

Other software:
MS Office 2000 (Open Office is avail)
WinZip - ??
WinRar - ??
Quickbooks (Mac version available. Can it import a PC database?)

Need a good FTP program, offline log file analyzer, telnet/ssh client as well.

How about DOS/Win9x/etc emulation? I've got a lot of legacy windows and dos programs I'd still like to run from time to time.

SimplyRAR
use parallels for emulation
ie explorer is a dog firefox much much better or safari

ftp- cyberduck

the majority of websites are built on macs

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I ended up using Fugu for SFTP support.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
A few days ago, I installed Windows XP Home on my Mac using bootcamp. Working okay so far. It's set up so that I can boot to either operating system. Pretty cool, although windows is a little temperamental. I tried running a fairly resource intensive game (fallout 3) and it crashes after about 30 minutes of play.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The Mac "Mighty" Mouse, sucks. Scroll ball stopped working, Apples solution doesn't work, only way to fix it is major surgery it looks like.