Paul Janulis hospitalized...

James Patrick

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Master of Defense Paul Janulis was hospitalized today with lacerations on his arms and face, and blunt force trauma all over his body. He suffered a concussion and 3 broken ribs as well. He has been in a coma since 3pm today, so we haven't gotten the full story.

A note of some kind was left on the scene (his apartment); it said something about how his Modern Arnis is not the true Modern Arnis or something like that. It looks as if the injuries were inflicted by sticks, knives, and martial art foot pads.

The police are suspicious that it was actually a gang of pre-adolecent Tang Soo Do stylists from a local family Karate school hired by one of the larger Modern Arnis oganizations to teach Master Paul a lesson, as he has been an ongoing nuisance to the Filipino Martial Arts community.

This is all the info I have at this time. Please pray that he may survive;

More to follow as I gather more information.

James

rutherford

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Paul's last post was at 4:33 pm eastern.

If this is an April Fool's joke, it's in poor taste.

Brian Johns

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Wait a minute....is this for real ? What is this about "RIP" ?

I find this hard to believe....that something like this would happen. Keep us up to date.

Sincerely,
Brian Johns (in disbelief)

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Brian Johns said:
Wait a minute....is this for real ? What is this about "RIP" ?

I find this hard to believe....that something like this would happen. Keep us up to date.

Sincerely,
Brian Johns (in disbelief)
Think about what today is....

Paul B

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
James Patrick said:
a gang of pre-adolecent Tang Soo Do stylists from a local family Karate school
OMG!! I've heard about those guys...Yeah,they like to run with those Kempo stylists from Chuan Fa schools...some very shady characters....

OP
James Patrick

James Patrick

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Because people are questioning the tastefulness of the joke, I will let the cat out of the bag right now: yes of course it was an April fools joke.
Oh well...I thought it was funny. I mean, yes it starts out with analarming title and a little "Oh my gosh," but it does get sillier and sillier. Especially at the end? With some of the wounds being inflicted by Martial Arts Kick Pads? With the prime suspects being pre-adolescent (ages 10 - 12) Tang Soo Do practitioners? I figured everyone would get that it was an April fools joke by then.

I liked Mr. Kembudo-Kai Kempoka and Mr. Big Nicks responses. :lol: That only compounded the joke, and they seemed to have gotten it.

But it was ment to be a joke, and I really am sorry if I alarmed or upset anyone, because that was not my intent. I was just having a little April fools day fun. Taste Questionable? Yes...but so are shows like Southpark, and I still watch that and think it's funny. Oh well, no more jokes for me for a while...

Yours,
James

Bammx2

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I read it..

I caught it...

I chuckled profusely!

it was FUNNY!

icon10.gif

Bammx2

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
shows how much faith the others have in Mr.Janulis' skill to ACTUALLY believe he could be beat up by a pile of 10 year olds..............:rolleyes:

sheesh

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Bammx2 said:
shows how much faith the others have in Mr.Janulis' skill to ACTUALLY believe he could be beat up by a pile of 10 year olds..............:rolleyes:

sheesh

:rofl: hey man! It could happened! Those kids Karate programs here in the detroit area are mean....why else do you think I am armed all the time! :ultracool

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Tulisan said:
:rofl: hey man! It could happened! Those kids Karate programs here in the detroit area are mean....why else do you think I am armed all the time! :ultracool
I hear ya! Hell I saw the movie “Three Ninja”….you know the one with the 3 little Tae Kwon Do kids that think their Grandpappy is some sort of Ninja from Japan but in actual fact is Chinese :rolleyes: …….that scared the bujeezaz out of me.
coolyellow.gif

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
PULL THE PLUG!! What? Oh it was a joke.........nevermind.

icon10.gif

dubljay

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bammx2 said:

sheesh

Have you ever taught a kids class??? I usually went home with bruised ribs after teaching the kids class.

Bammx2

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey! I was just tryin to get the guy a little slack!

I figured he has the skill to tackle a pile of 10 year olds!

11 year olds..........
hhhmmm..............

I don't teach kids.
I ran an ice cream stand at a cub scout jamboree once.
after the machines went down,it became known as the great cub scout inqisition of '83.
It was total chaos!
I'm still scarred.I can't go near a first aid class or a swiss army knife to this very day.
the horror...the horror

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have to ask aquestion....

He was determined to be in a coma.....how could you tell?

:D