Pak Sao/Lop Sao

OP
futsaowingchun

futsaowingchun

Black Belt
Reaction score
Judging from MCM's appearance ....that is to say his evident physical "maturity" I'd guess that he is more in the "coaching" rather than the "competing" stage of life (as am I). So I doubt we will see him posting videos of himself in the cage, etc. That would be just plain nuts. On the other hand, maybe some of his students?

Now make no mistake. I'm not writing off all us geezers. I know a lot of older guys who would be pretty scary if put to the test in a self-defense situation. But none of them fight for sport anymore!

BTW my Saturday Eskrima class members range in age from their late fifties to one who's 83. They just came up with a name for their club: OFS-FMA (OLD FARTS with STICKS). We're currently designing the T-Shirts.

I have a grand student that completes.He does very well with only a few years training..I will see if I can get some video footage

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
i

When learn something its up to you if you want to break it..I can chose to break it if I chose to. Is it WC? I'm a WC fighter that is what I know butI'm not bound to it. How can I express yourself freely if you are bound to rules.rules made up by someone else.
Rules are for bigginers,a guide line to follow to learn,but you should not be a slave to it...IMO
Agree with not being a slave to any methodology, I continue to learn and practice several other arts. I also blend them using whatever is best for me at any one moment time but in doing so I don't espouse to be doing wing chun or any other particular method.
For what it is worth I used to do the same with my lop sao and got away with it. Worked very well for me right up until I was versed another who simply shut me down and explain how and why I was giving him the trap.
So cool, it works for you and you are getting away with it. Maybe you will never encounter someone who knows how easily you have trapped yourself. Use the information or disregard it
All the best to you in your endeavor.

Mephisto

Black Belt
Reaction score
I have a grand student that completes.He does very well with only a few years training..I will see if I can get some video footage
Honestly I like futsao! He fires back at our questions with confidence, and seems willing to meet up to train. But I'll be surprised to see any video of his student in action.

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
If he's a student of a student who is large and very good, does that make him a grand, grand, grand student?

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Honestly I like futsao! He fires back at our questions with confidence, and seems willing to meet up to train. But I'll be surprised to see any video of his student in action.

Heck good videos of anybody or their students are hard to come by. But it's easy for me to complain since I don't make videos. Too much bother. And probably a good thing too, since I did find something with me in it on youtube and I can't believe what an idiot I was.

Latest Discussions