Other USSD peeps?

Tiger@heart

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm a current student/former asst. instructor of USSD. New to the site, just stopping by to say 'hola'. I'm a 2nd Dan, a little rusty, but getting back into the groove. I'm thinking about the academy and possibly opening up a dojo. Anyone in the same boat or who can lend a bit of advice?

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to MT! :wavey: I'm not familiar with USSD, but I'm sure some others on the forum are. Enjoy your time here!

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to MT!

My advice (take it or leave it) would be to get back into it as a student for at least two years (depending on how long you've been out) before thinking about opening a school.

Best of luck, what ever you decide!

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome, and happy posting! :wavey:

I would agree with stone_dragone - if you're rusty, the best thing to do would be to get back into shape as a student before attempting to teach. Good luck!

OP
Tiger@heart

Tiger@heart

White Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, that's the plan. There's no WAY I'm getting in front of a class at this point!

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to MartialTalk! I'm aware of quite a few USSD people who come to this website. Dust off your knowledge and grease the rusty moves and get fully back into the groove--I'm glad you're a current student doing just that! There are several other martial artists here who are experienced school owners, so ask away all your questions before you open your dojo. Good luck! :wavey:

- Ceicei

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Tiger@heart said:
Hi everyone, I'm a current student/former asst. instructor of USSD. New to the site, just stopping by to say 'hola'. I'm a 2nd Dan, a little rusty, but getting back into the groove. I'm thinking about the academy and possibly opening up a dojo. Anyone in the same boat or who can lend a bit of advice?

Well, if you are having trouble remembering your combinations, check out the technique archive.

http://home.comcast.net/~matthewabarnes/

Good luck,

Matt

OP
Tiger@heart

Tiger@heart

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks, Matt! I checked out your DM combos - some are the same, some have been changed (I swear I have 3 different versions of all my DMs and forms!), but it's a good reference.

Take care :)

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Tiger@heart said:
Thanks, Matt! I checked out your DM combos - some are the same, some have been changed (I swear I have 3 different versions of all my DMs and forms!), but it's a good reference.

Take care :)

Glad you liked it. Some of the techniques are from my notes, but a great many are the product of several different contributors. If you look closely, some of the combinations (DM's to you) have a couple variations listed. I wanted to have a more community feel, as the various branches (Villari / USSD / MSDC / etc.) do have a lot in common material-wise.

I just wanted to get it out in the open. Good luck with your training,

Matt

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk!:)

Mike

Mariachi Joe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
With as many studios as there are being run by brown belts ussd could use an instructor like you once you get your groove back. I've been with ussd for about a year now and am a blue belt.

Latest Discussions