Other USSD peeps?

Mariachi Joe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I hope I didn't give the impression that most ussd dojo's here in utah are run by brown belts. I know for sure of one and have heard of a couple of others. Most of Utahs ussd dojo's are run by 1st dan's, I just don't like the idea of a dojo being run by a brown belt, especially when you have to pay close to $200/month.

Goldendawn8

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
That would be sad. It would be like me running a school when I was 15! Would have been a hilarious Seinfeld episode! You can just imagine the look George would have been giving Jerry.

Mariachi Joe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I'm lucky to have a 1st dan as my instructor, I like the guy he is a good trainer and pushes me.

shaolin ninja 4

Green Belt
Reaction score
I hope I didn't give the impression that most ussd dojo's here in utah are run by brown belts. I know for sure of one and have heard of a couple of others. Most of Utahs ussd dojo's are run by 1st dan's, I just don't like the idea of a dojo being run by a brown belt, especially when you have to pay close to $200/month.

Yes but IMHO ussd instructors are pushed to black real fast you that 1st 2nd black might just be a blue or green belt.

Mariachi Joe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
My instructor's been with ussd 4 or 5 years so he has put in the time to be black belt.

Mariachi Joe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
My instructor was a student for a couple of years before joining the instructors academy.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello Tiger@heart, welcome to MT. Sorry for the little zinging going on, it should be discussed somewhere else, opposed to the meet and greet section. I hope that doesn't sour your feelings toward the community. Enjoy your stay!

No kidding! Welcome and opposed to what the trolls did to your introductory thread, Happy to have you here on MT.

You others, have to get your own thread to bash USSD and quit trying to hi-jack every single thread that mentions it.

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No kidding! Welcome and opposed to what the trolls did to your introductory thread, Happy to have you here on MT.

You others, have to get your own thread to bash USSD and quit trying to hi-jack every single thread that mentions it.

Please remember that users may, and are encouraged to do so, report posts that they feel are off-topic or inappropriate through the use of the RTM feature (red triangle with white center and exclamation point at top of post).

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Please remember that users may, and are encouraged to do so, report posts that they feel are off-topic or inappropriate through the use of the RTM feature (red triangle with white center and exclamation point at top of post).

Yeah, I know, but they are so close to actually having something to say that I can't bring myself to do that. Just annoying that every thread that mentions USSD, even in passing keeps getting drug up from the past and rehashed. Same complaints/comments on every stinking one. Oh I could just be having a long night after a very tiring day.

Mariachi Joe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
My instructor got his bb about 10 or 11 months ago. I've been there a year and when I started he was a red belt, but about a month later he came in wearing his black belt, he was excited too.

IRO-Bot

Orange Belt
Reaction score
My instructor has been studying martial arts for 15 years. He's been with United Studios for about 8 years. He's a 2nd dan. And he's good. I like him.

Latest Discussions