OngBak2

OP
Damian Mavis

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
He really hits you, but he takes it easy to the head unless the shot demands it... so it seemed on set. When he kneed me I flew back and slid along the fllor on my back and I wasnt acting that out... I wasnt supposed to move at all but I had no choice from the impact. Keep in mind we wear body armor to soften the blow, it wasn't painful at all. The reason his action scenes look good is because of the realistic force used, theres no civil suits or actors unions in Thailand haha. They hit the Thai stunt men pretty hard in the face and head too..... falangs are treated a bit better it seemed.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD Thailand

OP
Damian Mavis

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Oh man..... you don't understand. It's a foreign film AND the first THAI movie to make it over seas, the fact that it was shown at all in US theatres was a huge accomplishment. Story was stupid, Tom Yum Koong was even stupider but of course the action is phenomenal.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD Thailand

deanjones

White Belt
Reaction score
Are you talking about Tom yung goong or Ong Bak 2? IMDB states that Ong Bak 2 is still being shot and won't be released until 2007. A bit confused...

Mariachi Joe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Ong Bak made $5 million at the North American box office, and much more on DVD. The Protector has made $12 million at the North American box office to date, so I'd say they did pretty good. Thanks for the info Damien, you guys tough, it's too bad they can't make movies like that here in the USA.

OP
Damian Mavis

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I was talking about Ong Bak, the first one. Tom Yum Koong is Tony Jaas second movie but it is NOT Ong Bak 2, Ong Bak 2 is still being shot and will be his third movie.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD Thailand

Mariachi Joe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Can't wait to see Ong Bak 2, hope the funny guy that played Humlae is back, just wouldn't be the same without him.

micah

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
thats awesome, Ong Bak was a great movie...

Hey damian ive been to Lumpini Stadium and saw some fights there last year 2005

OP
Damian Mavis

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Lumpini stadium wow, I havent been there in 3 years, you really take things like that for granted when you live here heh. Theres a ton of little things I keep meaning to do here but never do... still havent gone jet skiing on the ocean.... even though I go by that kind of activity several times a month. heh

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD Thailand

Thunder Foot

Brown Belt
Reaction score
hmm... I'm going to have to take another look to see you Mr. Mavis!! Will you also be casted in his Ong Bak 2?

OP
Damian Mavis

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Good question, I havent been pursuing movies lately like I should, been concentrating on my school. I was only in Tom Yum Koong for oh... maybe 3 seconds heh, the scene where Tony Jaa interrupts the press conference and 5 guys in black suits run up to attack him, I'm guy number 3 or 4... I have the floppyhair heh.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD Thailand

Latest Discussions