OngBak2

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey there, for all you Ong Bak fans you will be happy to know that Ong Bak2 is almost done shooting... which means it will be about 2 years before it hits North America heh. I was lucky enough to have a small action role in this movie and I'm very happy. I do a fight scene with Tony Jaa the lead actor, I throw a turning kick at his torso, he kicks my kick, then he kicks my groin, then he simultaneously knees my chest while elbowing my head and knocking me out. It was alot of fun and Tony Jaa is the nicest guy... except when he is hitting you...

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

OP
Damian Mavis

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Actually I'm 3rd body guard!

Theres some pics up on my website if youre interested.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Pretty sweet...Ong Bak was the best martial arts movie I think I've ever seen....at least in a long time....

Glad you got to be a part of the new film...

OP
Damian Mavis

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys, the movie was pretty good from an action point of view but the story left alot to be desired. But thats pretty much the same for all martial arts action movies. My scene was shaved down to 2 seconds.... but at least I fulfilled that goal and fought an action star on screen.

Still not out on DVD here so have no idea for the rest of the world. As for the big screen.... youll probably get a hold of a dvd copy of the movie way before its released in theatres where you are.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

OP
Damian Mavis

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Actually ya, Ive worked on 6 movies and 10 commercials here. I recently saw myself in the first movie I worked on (just as an extra) a Thai/foreign action film called King Maker where I played a Portugese soldier (blond Portugese..... go figure) and dancer and dock loader. It was cool because I was in alot of scenes and saw my face clearly. In Tom Yum Goong (Ong Bak2) you barely see my face so I was disapointed.

The other 4 movies I worked on havent come out yet, they are: The 5th Commandment starring Rick Yune (asian gang leader from Fast and the Furious), I did some major stunts in this movie, I was blown up for the first time and took explosive squib bullets to the chest and back as well, they even gave me a line and close up so it was alot of fun, but will probably be a straight to Blockbuster video when its released.

.... uh some Thai action movie, will probably be big in Thailand and I forget the name... but it was a good experience because I got to do some straight martial arts kicking action which is my favorite type. Only thing I like better is actually acting.

A Japanese Comedy that has a name I also forgot... this was my first straight acting role, no one tried to stab, shoot, kick, explode or kill me. Was awesome. Had a small dialogue with another character with close ups, cant wait for it to be released, I will go to Japan for the premier.

The latest thing I worked on was my biggest part. Was the movie Black Beard starring Angus MacFadden (Scottish king in Braveheart and Father in Equilibrium) and Richard Chamberlain. I played a character that was important to the plot although its mostly based on my face, I only had about 5 lines. Im the badguy that links the corrupt government to the pirates. This was a fantastic experience, I had to work on the movie for a whole month and my hotel was ON the ocean. I only worked 12 days during that month so spent alot of time on the beach and eating seafood. Great gig. That movie was made for the hallmark channel, should be out some time soon I guess. Let me know when you see it! Im the ROBBER with the red beard.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

samurai69

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Damian Mavis said:
a Thai/foreign action film called King Maker where I played a Portugese soldier (blond Portugese..... go figure)

Actually there are lots of blondes in the north of portugal

OP
Damian Mavis

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Really? Well... I think that was a lucky hit for the Thai production... I dont think it was based on any research they did! heh.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

Nanalo74

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Just picked this movie up at the mall. Great action sequences. My favorite is the scene where like thirty or forty guys come at him and one by one each guy gets an arm or leg broken. Some cool breaks and takedowns.

Vic www.combatartsusa.com

OP
Damian Mavis

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You bought the DVD? A bootleg? They havent even released the DVD here in Thailand yet.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

Nanalo74

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I had no idea. It was at the mall. They have a booth that sells martial art flicks from overseas. It looked legit but I guess it was a bootleg if that's what you're telling me.

Vic www.combatartsusa.com

Mariachi Joe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Quick question Damien, when Tony hits you is it at half strength or does he REALLY hit you, and if so how hard does he hit? Just curious, thanks for your time.