oldboy--you should watch this movie

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
this movie has been out for a few years but i thought i would spread the good word to anyone who hasn't seen it. here's the trailer:

***SPOILER ALERT***

if you are going to watch the movie, don't watch this next clip. but if you want to see one man & a hammer against a hallway of badguys, plus some beautiful camera work, click below:

jf

Last edited by a moderator:

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I've got this movie. It rocks! I would totally recommend it. It's got a great plot twist!

OP
jarrod

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
i just watched "lady vengence" which reminded me of oldboy. i've seen all of park's revenge trilogy now, & "oldboy" is by far the best.

jf

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I will check this movie out. I read the ending and all I can think is

oh my deity name here!!
I was reading about the remakes and I think the way Oldboy did their ending really seems to make the movie come together well!!

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I've heard of this movie and heard about the "plot twist" being very controversial. I do want to check it out.
The stuff that's been coming out of Asia as far as films have really been elevated to a new standard far and above the standard chop-socky flicks of the 60's and 70's and even the 80's.
Even I haven't watched the film the "hallway hammer" scene was enjoyable... and will be worth seeing again. It was very realistic in that the protagonist was human, got hit, got hurt and showed it... loved the end of that scene :lol:

Yeah a hammer is a very effective weapon, no doubt about it.

Thanks for sharing... good find.
Gotta put that on my must-see list.

OP
jarrod

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
yeah, the ending is pretty awesome. & gross.

jf

Latest Discussions