"old" vs "new"

DoxN4cer

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Allow me to borrow one of the Professor's adages:

"It's all the same." At a fundamental level it really is all the same. Old or new doesn't matter, just train.

Tim Kashino

Mark Lynn

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Paul

Yeah I don't remember anything with chokes really. I did find the kick over movements to be a pain but I tried.

I did notice that when Master Van Browning taught the ground fighting I didn't have any real notes on that because it was out of my league, I couldn't begin to describe the techniques. However what I thought was interesting was that at one point he taught some takedowns against kicks using the low hit/block on empty hand Sinawali as the base technique. And then some ground work after that. My notes from the next year had once again defenses and takedown against kicks. But they didn't show up again (again not that I remember or documented). That was a shame.

When the MOTTs taught at the summer camp in Houston 2001 and at the camp in 2002 (Houston) I thought they did a good job of explaining why the techniques worked and what was going on as opposed to the way it had been taught before as in this technique and that technique. Cause for the first time in my notes the applications appeared in that seminar.

Mark

Latest Discussions