Old "new" threads

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Every so often I have a thread come up when I select "new posts" that isn't new; today's old "new post" is here - and the time has changed 3 times, attributed to moromoro, who is listed as banned. The time given in the search list (most recently) is 9:10 am today (earlier it was 8 am something) - but when I click on the link, it says the most recent post was 06-15-2003, 03:08 AM. Originally I dismissed this as related to the recent upgrade, but I decided to ask about it for a couple of reasons - first, it happened occasionally before the upgrade, and second, this is the first time it's repeated like this, with changing times.

Has anybody else had this problem? At first I thought it was due to edits I wasn't seeing, but now, with the "new" post being attributed to a banned user who apparently hasn't been here for years, I'm really starting to wonder what's going on.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I know the thread you're talking about. It keeps updating because people are answering the poll without posting.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good to know this, thanks Kreth, I thought I was cracking up because I kept seeing the same thing happening. Couldn't figure it out at all, will put away the loooooong armed jacket now and come out of the little bouncy room. :uhyeah:

OP
Kacey

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ah... thanks. However, I have seen the same thing in non-poll threads as well. Any ideas about that?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Shouldn't happen in non-poll threads, though it might be a cookie issue. You might see a thread since your last visit still new, but you shouldn't see something from say last year show up new, unless there is a new post.

OP
Kacey

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If it happens again, I'll let you know - it might just be someone editing; that's what I thought originally.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Every so often I have a thread come up when I select "new posts" that isn't new; today's old "new post" is here - and the time has changed 3 times, attributed to moromoro, who is listed as banned. The time given in the search list (most recently) is 9:10 am today (earlier it was 8 am something) - but when I click on the link, it says the most recent post was 06-15-2003, 03:08 AM. Originally I dismissed this as related to the recent upgrade, but I decided to ask about it for a couple of reasons - first, it happened occasionally before the upgrade, and second, this is the first time it's repeated like this, with changing times.

Has anybody else had this problem? At first I thought it was due to edits I wasn't seeing, but now, with the "new" post being attributed to a banned user who apparently hasn't been here for years, I'm really starting to wonder what's going on.

I get that too occasionally. I've seen it happen with threads that aren't polls too although Kreth's explaination makes sense.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A little different, but once today and again yesterday when I asked to see New Posts or posts in the last 24 hours I got one new post listed out-of-order...after a long list of today's posts and half a dozen or so of yesterday's (already marked read) posts was a new post, so marked in bold and listing Today as its date despite having been preceeded (and then being followed) by posts from yesterday. When it happened once I ignored it as a glitch, but this is twice and I nearly missed the new post!

Latest Discussions