Multi-Quote

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How do I use the Multi-quote feature?

If I do use the regular quote feature, can I just move the HTML quote code and make it work?

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Click on the multi-quote button from all the posts you want to quote (it will turn red) and then push "Post Reply"

You will be taken to the add new post screen with all the ones you checked off quoted.

You can enter Quote tags manually, there is aslo a quote button in the editor (looks like a text bubble), format is as follows, minus square brackets:

quote=MBuzzy;620131

after the equals sign is the name of the person, this appears in the quote caption. The number is not "needed," it is just the post number which is placed automatically for threading purposes. It also provides a link back from the quoted bit to the original post.

so....

How do I use the Multi-quote feature?

If I do use the regular quote feature, can I just move the HTML quote code and make it work?

The name gave me the "Originally posted by...." and the number gave me the little arrow button which connects to your post.

ps - that is not html, that is bbcode. Which is simillar, but has a slightly different structure. HTML can not be used in posts.

OP
MBuzzy

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Click on the multi-quote button from all the posts you want to quote (it will turn red) and then push "Post Reply"

You will be taken to the add new post screen with all the ones you checked off quoted.

You can enter Quote tags manually, there is aslo a quote button in the editor (looks like a text bubble), format is as follows, minus square brackets:

quote=MBuzzy;620131

after the equals sign is the name of the person, this appears in the quote caption. The number is not "needed," it is just the post number which is placed automatically for threading purposes. It also provides a link back from the quoted bit to the original post.

so....

The name gave me the "Originally posted by...." and the number gave me the little arrow button which connects to your post.

ps - that is not html, that is bbcode. Which is simillar, but has a slightly different structure. HTML can not be used in posts.

Great! Thank you!

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
THanks from me as well.

I too had been trying to figure that out.

Jeff

Latest Discussions