Old Items I miss

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bob, I know you are busy, and still rolling out the wrinkles. And Thank you for the work!

I Miss the buttons for view new threads. Was this a big edit / hack or do we plan on waiting until the software gets more stable?

Just curious.

Also if others wanted to post the itmes they miss here, this would be a single location for Bob to check.
:asian:

OP
Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I also Miss the Top Twenty members and the top 50 thread starters.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
Bob, I know you are busy, and still rolling out the wrinkles. And Thank you for the work!

I Miss the buttons for view new threads. Was this a big edit / hack or do we plan on waiting until the software gets more stable?

Just curious.

Also if others wanted to post the itmes they miss here, this would be a single location for Bob to check.
The "View new threads" link has been replaced by the built in "New Posts" link on the middle of the menu bar.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm waiting until everythings stable, and will be installing an improved stats panel. There are a couple available, just waiting on things to settle down. :)

R

RCastillo

Rich Parsons said:

Just curious.

Not to worry, I'm still here, but........don't call me old! :mad:

OP
Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
RCastillo said:
Not to worry, I'm still here, but........don't call me old! :mad:
I have to practice my aim to get better so I do not miss you again?

Ricardo, Glad you are still here.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The old software had the ability to view all posts by a particular person. Is this hidden somewhere or did it go away? I post a lot of different places and now that I'm using the new posts feature I can't always remember which forum they were in. I'd like to find that feature so I can review anything posted after my initial post. Thank ye.

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
theletch1 said:
The old software had the ability to view all posts by a particular person. Is this hidden somewhere or did it go away? I post a lot of different places and now that I'm using the new posts feature I can't always remember which forum they were in. I'd like to find that feature so I can review anything posted after my initial post. Thank ye.
Click on the person's name on any post and it is in the dropdown box as a menu item.

-Michael

loki09789

Senior Master
Reaction score
What about setting up the 'my account' option. Is that gone or just somewhere I am not looking. I don't like having to scroll through the whole pages list when I really only frequent a few pages. It was faster and more convenient.

Paul M

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You mean this page?

You can use the "Subscribe to Forum" feature off the "Forum Tools" dropdown, and those forums will show up here.

All the "My Account" feature was is a link to this page, which is also easily found by clinking on "User CP". There was no difference other than the term.
I'll be adding the "My Account" link back in at a near-later time.

loki09789 said:
What about setting up the 'my account' option. Is that gone or just somewhere I am not looking. I don't like having to scroll through the whole pages list when I really only frequent a few pages. It was faster and more convenient.

Paul M

Attachments

• $usercp.jpg
    $usercp.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 208

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
loki09789 said:

Paul M
Look UP - I think what you are looking for is the new bar across the top of the page under the old banner and links. Click on User CP or go to the Quick Links and the drop down box has lots of direct links to:
User Control Panel, including:
Edit Signature
Edit Options; and
Miscellaneous includes:
PM
Subscribed Threads
My Profile
Who's online
-Michael

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Any thoughts on how to make a memorial post with the 5-character minimum rule? Just using a . and turning off the .sig doesn't work now.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
arnisador said:
Any thoughts on how to make a memorial post with the 5-character minimum rule? Just using a . and turning off the .sig doesn't work now.
I reset the minimum to 1 character.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks, I was concerned about how to do it respectfully with five characters as '.' is fairly standard. It's odd how quickly an 'etiquette' emerges!

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The 'New Posts' seems to be resetting more quickly. Did something change?

It used to be that if I visited at 8:00 PM ... it would reset (show only 'new' new posts) if I was away for more than 45 or 50 minutes (sometimes it seemed like an hour).

Now, when I zip back into the site after 20 minutes, the 'new Posts' are re-set.

Not a big deal ... just curious.

Mike

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This may not be an old item, but it'd be nice to have a "Mark all forums read" link on the new posts page so if I see nothing new I can reset the markers without going back to the front page, scrolling most of the way down, and hitting the link there.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The timeout was reset to 15 minutes due to a few "under the hood" requirements. I'll see what I can do to bump it up soon.

For "Mark all read" look under "Quick Links"

Latest Discussions