Ninja Defeats Shaolin Monks!

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ooh Eck! The true lesson from this is to remind yourself everytime your fingers hit the keyboard that you never know who will be reading your words :eek:!

So, on the off chance that my research has lead me down the garden path and there really is such an organisation as a cabal of ancient orders of assassins, I'd like to take the opportunity to say that I'm sorry for my posts decrying such 'schools' as myth :mrtoilet:.

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
...So, on the off chance that my research has lead me down the garden path and there really is such an organisation as a cabal of ancient orders of assassins, I'd like to take the opportunity to say that I'm sorry for my posts decrying such 'schools' as myth :mrtoilet:.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What strike me about this is how easy it appears to be to set off a major international incident by having a single internet user insult someone's national MA...

I can just see the headlines:

RUSSIA, BRAZIL TENSIONS ESCALATE DANGEROUSLY OVER MARTIAL ART INSULT
————————————————
(Reuters) The Russian government today demanded a formal apology from Brazil after an anonymous internet user claimed that single BJJ practitioner had visited a Systema school in Moscow and gotten submissions from its four top fighters, informed sources claimed. The Brazilian government has protested that it knows nothing of the incident and has no connection with the source of the story. Insiders at the Russian embassy in Brasilia reported the Russian ambassador as having reacted angrily to the Brazilian response. `Do they think we're bloody idiots?', he was quoted as saying. `It's Brazilian jiujitsu, right? Brazilian! It's not Venezualan or Paraguayan or Peruvian, it's Brazilian. So what do they mean, they don't know anything about it???'

OP
Yeti

Yeti

Black Belt
Reaction score
:lol: :lol: :lol:

What strike me about this is how easy it appears to be to set off a major international incident by having a single internet user insult someone's national MA...

I can just see the headlines:

RUSSIA, BRAZIL TENSIONS ESCALATE DANGEROUSLY OVER MARTIAL ART INSULT
————————————————
(Reuters) The Russian government today demanded a formal apology from Brazil after an anonymous internet user claimed that single BJJ practitioner had visited a Systema school in Moscow and gotten submissions from its four top fighters, informed sources claimed. The Brazilian government has protested that it knows nothing of the incident and has no connection with the source of the story. Insiders at the Russian embassy in Brasilia reported the Russian ambassador as having reacted angrily to the Brazilian response. `Do they think we're bloody idiots?', he was quoted as saying. `It's Brazilian jiujitsu, right? Brazilian! It's not Venezualan or Paraguayan or Peruvian, it's Brazilian. So what do they mean, they don't know anything about it???'

Brilliant!
That was my 1st thought too! I wonder what diplomatic powers will be called upon to quell this injustice?...

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Press stunt.

Ninja and MMA and whatever else have cut too far into tourist visits to the Shaolin Temple..

(Of course, I may just be a cynical cuss...)

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This is the second thread devoted to this particular news story. Yeti posted one yesterday, in The Study, that already has a few posts in it here. Exactly the same news story, and much very witty followup :lol:...

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Admin note: Thread moved to Horror Stories. - G Ketchmark / shesulsa, MT Assist. Admin.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This is the second thread devoted to this particular news story. Yeti posted one yesterday, in The Study, that already has a few posts in it here. Exactly the same news story, and much very witty followup :lol:...
These two threads have been merged and placed in Horror Stories.

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Does anyone really think that it's going to be possible to serve a summons on an even halfway-competent ninja? Show up in court???—you'd never be able to show your face again down at the ninja pub...

... wait, ninjas don't show their face, period... what was I thinking?

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
I voted for Pirates on the Ninjas vs Pirates application on facebook. Am I in trouble with the Ninjitsuka? Should I get a lawyer?

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Omg!!! Did you see the poll that they posted! LMAO!!!

Do you think a ninja could defeat a whole passel of Shaolin Temple kung fu-fighting monks?

A. No way. Get real, Grasshopper!

B. Of course. Ninjas have real ultimate power!

C. Irrelevant. The monks and ninjas are only allowed to go on living and fighting because Chuck Norris considers them insignificant worms, unworthy of his attention.

Vote C if you want to live.

Blotan Hunka

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I cast my vote. Wouldnt want Chuck to find out I didnt have his back.

Latest Discussions