Nick Cerio cut ties w/ USSD

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
What did he say to Mattera? Was this for 9th degree? Did Mattera try to rejoin Nick Cerios? Did Mattera rip off Cerio?

We need to put the thread back on topic.

There was no "Rip off" by Mattera. It was over some other issues that Cerio broke off ties. However, I'll not go into them on a public forum.

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
Sensei Jesse and Mariachi Joe- It IS 2 inches below your navel, it is called your "one point".

Thank you very much, it was late and when i was teaching last night i almost second guessed myself after so many years when i was teaching it. Man what the mind can do to you sometimes.
Jesse

Joe Shuras

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Why did nick cerio cut ties with ussd?

Mattera got an 8th from him but after 1993 nick cerio cut ties with him.

Hello sir, Just to clear the air, I checked the thread and no one here knows why for fact. I spoke of it with one person on this thread last year but left it up to speculation nor did I give away who influenced Nick Cerio to leave. Cerio was contacted by a close friend who discussed the matter with him at length. I don't know the exact converation verbatim, that is why I know no one knows it here either. I know who spoke to him but it has to be kept confidential. It has nothing to do with the martial arts.

Yes, Cerio promoted him to 8th and has caught some flack for it. Whether anyone here likes Mr. Mattera or not, is irrelevant and as stated by the moderators, it is best to avoid the bashing. There are horror stories in all franchises and questionable instructors BUT there are also good, solid, hardworking people with a lot of talent who will go places. However, he was a 7th dan under Fred Villari for quite a long time, many years and certainly had the time in grade and then some for an 8th from Nick Cerio so I see no problem with that. What he got after that I have no knowledge of, other than what I read on the forums like everyone else - Joe

Latest Discussions