Nick Cerio cut ties w/ USSD

Gufbal1982

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Well, here's what I heard happened. Fred Villari originally cut ties when he created his version of "Shaolin Kempo." Charles Mattera went with him, obviously, and later split off to form his version of USSD. He got his 8th dan promotion from Cerio, but then, Cerio more than likely saw how greedy Mattera is and decided to cut ties. He magically got ranked to 9th dan...in the manual it says something about the concil of sokes doing it, and then another magical promotion at the Shaolin Temple for 10th dan. I'm not sure about the 9th, but how can someone get promoted to a rank of black belt in the temple when the temple doesn't give ranks of black, or ranks in general? Anyway, this is what I heard thru the grapevine and I hope it's true, otherwise I'm posting rumors.

OP
S

shaolin ninja 4

Green Belt
Reaction score
Well, here's what I heard happened. Fred Villari originally cut ties when he created his version of "Shaolin Kempo." Charles Mattera went with him, obviously, and later split off to form his version of USSD. He got his 8th dan promotion from Cerio, but then, Cerio more than likely saw how greedy Mattera is and decided to cut ties. He magically got ranked to 9th dan...in the manual it says something about the concil of sokes doing it, and then another magical promotion at the Shaolin Temple for 10th dan. I'm not sure about the 9th, but how can someone get promoted to a rank of black belt in the temple when the temple doesn't give ranks of black, or ranks in general? Anyway, this is what I heard thru the grapevine and I hope it's true, otherwise I'm posting rumors.

If someone had a copy of his certificate of rank I'd beleave it. Other wise he's another self promoted fat master.

Gufbal1982

Purple Belt
Reaction score
If someone had a copy of his certificate of rank I'd beleave it. Other wise he's another self promoted fat master.

LOL. Well, it's better than the translation of Steve DeMasco's last certificate that translates to "This guy does cool stuff" in Mandarin.

Gufbal1982

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Your kidding? So they were laughing at damasco?

I'm not kidding. it's the truth. I heard it from a guy that had the certificate translated into English. He had them put it up in all of the schools that he was in charge of, when he actually had more than one school to be in charge of. So, I guess they were laughing at him and the Abbot laughed alllllll the way to the bank to cash the check that he wrote. My bitterness to USSD is showing yet again.

OP
S

shaolin ninja 4

Green Belt
Reaction score
I'm not kidding. it's the truth. I heard it from a guy that had the certificate translated into English. He had them put it up in all of the schools that he was in charge of, when he actually had more than one school to be in charge of. So, I guess they were laughing at him and the Abbot laughed alllllll the way to the bank to cash the check that he wrote. My bitterness to USSD is showing yet again.

LOL! Serves them right!

Mariachi Joe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
The official story my instructor tells me is that in 2000 both Charles Mattera and Steve Demasco went to the Shaolin Temple with several hundred students and where promoted to 10th dan grandmasters of the shaolin arts and were adopted by the abbott as son's after converting to Buddhism.

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The official story my instructor tells me is that in 2000 both Charles Mattera and Steve Demasco went to the Shaolin Temple with several hundred students and where promoted to 10th dan grandmasters of the shaolin arts and were adopted by the abbott as son's after converting to Buddhism.

OooooooKay.

Mariachi Joe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I'm not lying Danjo that is the official ussd story, I don't know if it's true or not but that's what ussd says. I'll find the link to the interview I found where Mattera says this.

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm not lying Danjo that is the official ussd story, I don't know if it's true or not but that's what ussd says. I'll find the link to the interview I found where Mattera says this.

I have no doubt that your instructor told you that. Furthermore, I have no doubt that that is Charlie's story either.

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
If you guys read the Black belt Magazine in this monyhs issue Steve D colum he states that Kung fu monks would not need to train with guns. Why? Their skills would put them on better footing then a shootist. He cites as un example how freaking well the Chinese Boxers did during the Boxer rebellion.

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
If you guys read the Black belt Magazine in this monyhs issue Steve D colum he states that Kung fu monks would not need to train with guns. Why? Their skills would put them on better footing then a shootist. He cites as un example how freaking well the Chinese Boxers did during the Boxer rebellion.

Umm...I thought they were massacred due to their irronious belief that their Iron Shirt stuff would deflect bullets.

Mariachi Joe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Your welcome, gimmick or not I don't know but Charles Mattera got some transcripts from the Abbott that he is turning into a book which is being sold for $200. The book is supposed to have all sorts of secrets to becoming healthier and stronger like the monks. It's at ussd's website if want to see the advertisment.

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Your welcome, gimmick or not I don't know but Charles Mattera got some transcripts from the Abbott that he is turning into a book which is being sold for $200. The book is supposed to have all sorts of secrets to becoming healthier and stronger like the monks. It's at ussd's website if want to see the advertisment.

Oh boy.

Latest Discussions