New to MT and to Martial Arts altogether

Josh D

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello everyone My name is Josh and though new here I am certainly not new to forums.. I am a bit of a board whore infact, but I suppose that should work in my favor of not commiting the mortal Newb sins of posting.

As for my Martial Arts expreriance, I have waited to pursue this for some time now as my life has been all over the place and I feared I could not give it the dedication and devotion that it deserves. About 2 years ago I knew that I wanted to begin my journey and through reading knew I needed to figure out which Art would be right for what I am looking for and hope to accomplish (this does not mean master.. but more of the enlightenment along the path). One thing I did know from the start is that I was not interested in the fly by night Dojos that were Belt driven and actually would delve into the study of the art and the traditions from which it was based upon. Sooooo.. to make my already long story somewhat shorter I decided that I wanted to pursue my studies in Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu. I have tried to read every article I can get my hands on, I have back read through post going back 2 or 3 years from multiple boards and continue to pursue any pre studies I can until I am able to formally start at a Dojo. I was estatic to find out that there is a Bujinkan Dojo close to me under the direction of Luke Molitor, I have submitted an application and hope (crossing fingers) that I am granted the honor of studying and learning from him.

Well thats the long and short of it.. *Phew*

See everyone soon in my thread hopping

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well Josh welcome and I'm a Post whore as well so I know the feeling. As far as your training goes we have some great people that do the Art you love one is Brian VanCise he is in Michigan, sorry I cannot help you much I'm a TKD guy and Karate but looking forward to your posting.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk! Ninjutsu is a great art. Hope you get into the dojo of your choice, it is a fantastic journey.

OP
J

Josh D

White Belt
Reaction score
Thank you for the welcome and through my back reading I have had the chance to read over some of Brians post and learned he is most proficient in Bujinkan and as well as BJJ.. I am sure I will attempt to pick is brain in the near future LOL!

Its nice to see such a mixed arena can co-exist..

OP
J

Josh D

White Belt
Reaction score
:wavey: Thanks all for the welcome.. I look forward actually in talking to everyone as im sure everyone has a wealth of knowledge and so much to gain from :)

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Josh! Lots of Bujinkan folks here. Glad to have you with us! :)

OP
J

Josh D

White Belt
Reaction score
again thank you everyone for the warm welcome

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A little late but let me also extend my Greetings and Welcome to MT...

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk! :)

Mike

Latest Discussions