New self training program

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
so I've decided to lay off training for the time being. Some of my clubs are still open but going to do the smart thing and not take any risks from this bs going on. Plus I've got my 90 year old mother staying with me so going to have to play it safe (unlike these selfish a holes who arrive back from wherever and are out the next day but I digress)

It sucks because apart from the training itself I enjoy getting outside but not going to stop training. I'm putting together a loose program to work on in the short term which will include running every other day, bag work, shadow boxing and karate form and technique training with weights every now and then.

Now it's not perfect and can't wait for this crap to clear up but hey make the best of a bad situation and can work on my own things now instead of just following a teachers program. May not be learning but I can make what I've got better

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It’s time to stand on you own two feet and take charge of your own training. Good move.

In my opinion, you certainly can learn. Take your time and really dig into what you are doing, you can discover a lot of things you didn’t realize were in there.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm gonna relax for a few weeks. I've been burning the candle at both ends for over 5 years. I could use a break.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah good call man... it's an insane time at the moment, so good idea making the most of it. My dojo-exploring is on hold, but I've got heaps of stuff I love training and working on at home.

Feel free to share more specifics as to the sort of home training you're doing, be good to give each other ideas, even though I'm sure we're all at a certain level as to knowing how to structure our training :)

Have fun

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
has anyone else noticed that just as home self training become the vogue, that our resident expert on home training has gone missing ??

come on RAT the forum needs your expertise

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
has anyone else noticed that just as home self training become the vogue, that our resident expert on home training has gone missing ??

come on RAT the forum needs your expertise
Difference between me and rat is....I've got over 30 years of training to fall back on.....he's got a few years watching YouTube lol

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm gonna relax for a few weeks. I've been burning the candle at both ends for over 5 years. I could use a break.
Don’t go too far. It makes getting back on the horse very hard.
Drill at home as best you can. I have had to practice forms in a 1 yard square. It is good for committing the pattern to memory so when you have the space you already know the pattern.

Latest Discussions