New Muay Thai Man

-steve-

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I just had my first muay thai class a few days ago it was sweeeeet. I can't wait to go to my next lesson. I read alot on this site before finally getting the nerve to try it out. I have alot to learn but it's going to be fun.:uhyeah: on a side not, there are some pretty unique emoticons on this site, i especially like the eye ball man...

Akira

Green Belt
Reaction score
Welcome Steve, and congratulations on making it through your first class. Where are you training?

OP
S

-steve-

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I just had my second class, and what I consider my first REAL class. I decided that I was going to do whatever they threw at my and not give up no matter what, I was determined to make a good impression. At one point we were kneeing the heavy bag, and I felt weak and nausious not used to so much cardio. I thought to myself "if I stop i'll look like a quitter but if I don't i'm going to puke", I made it threw the kneeing and as soon as we were told to stop I ran to the bathroom and puked in the toilet, I wasn't the only one either. I also made a fatal error, I noticed everyone was wearing shin gaurds except me! my shins are all bruised and sore but i'll know next time to wear them. Muay Thai is hard work and it's definately going to get me in shape!

Akira

Green Belt
Reaction score
Don't feel bad mate, it's happened to all of us.

If you can do some running every day or every second day that will help your stamina.

Jarrod G.

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
good on you for pushing through!!! Muay thai probably requires more cardio than most martial arts since is has technical moves as well as requiring boxing style cardio. If you just keep with it it will get easier.

Latest Discussions