New Member Here...Sort Of

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I signed up for this site a few months ago...but then forgot about it! Then I was searching for martial arts discussion boards. When this came up in the search engine, I was like, "Oh yeah!"

I am a wing chun practitioner (as you can tell) from upsate NY. Been practicing since the mid-90's. I get my practice in every day despite my crazy time limitations (work two jobs, have four kids). Right now I train forms on my own, plus some shadow boxing and (when I get a partner) some improvised self-defense drills with friends.

Aside from martial arts I am also into writing, fitness, playing music and watching movies. Someday I want to open my own wing chun school.

Look forward to participating!

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to MT. Hopefully you will find something useful in the discussions.

OP
wingchun100

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to MT. Hopefully you will find something useful in the discussions.

I'm sure I will. Today alone I posted four times based on threads already here. My fifth post was my intro, and this is my sixth. :)

DennisBreene

3rd Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I signed up for this site a few months ago...but then forgot about it! Then I was searching for martial arts discussion boards. When this came up in the search engine, I was like, "Oh yeah!"
I wish I had a nickel for every time that happened to me. :) Welcome, and looking forward to your insights.

OP
wingchun100

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I wish I had a nickel for every time that happened to me. :) Welcome, and looking forward to your insights.

Depending on your art, I'm sure you will. I mean, I study wing chun so that is the main place I will comment...but I do see some other forums that interest me: the general boards, self-defense, fitness, etc.