New Kenpo Website!!!

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Actually,

It was all just a big giggle I'll wager. I guffawed at a couple of parts of it. Of course, I don't take all of that kind of stuff too seriously. And on occasion, I think we all tend to take ourselves just a bit too seriously... Except for Golden Dragon and Ricardo, who obviously needs new mirrors in his house ... The kind with no distortion in them. :boing1:

Dan

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Sigung86

Actually,

It was all just a big giggle I'll wager. I guffawed at a couple of parts of it. Of course, I don't take all of that kind of stuff too seriously. And on occasion, I think we all tend to take ourselves just a bit too seriously... Except for Golden Dragon and Ricardo, who obviously needs new mirrors in his house ... The kind with no distortion in them. :boing1:

Dan

New mirrors you say? They're in good working condition. The next time I go lift/run again, I will work out harder just for you, and DC. Thanks for the continuing motivation.

From the best looking Kenpoist on the Forum! :p

Zoran

Black Belt
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like the website has been disabled.:shrug:

KENPOJOE

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Hi Folks,
I've read this thread and being one of the injured parties who's picture was used please allow me to have my say regarding this matter...
I realize that overweight instructors are not simply a kenpo problem, but a martial arts problem. The new "Martial Arts Professional" magazine has an article on the topic.
I understand the problem within our style/system and I agree that there is indeed a problem.
However, I do not agree with anyone using my photo, image or likeness for a derogatory page without my permission. Some of you simply consider it a parody page and nothing more, but as a professional instructor and someone well known in my field I'm not laughing...
No one on the net sees me do full splits when i teach or throw kicks over my head or kung fu forms with low stances and 360 degree iron broom sweeping kicks when I teach 6 different arts in my studio [although I do them all!]. They didn't see me compete for over 20 years at tournaments and be rated by KRANE and the PKL. They don't see me teach 6 days a week and produce 2 TV shows on the Martial arts for cable television. But, most of all, they don't see me move!!! And I assure one and all, that i can move quite well and i don't suffer from "I can't get out of my own way" -itis! I don't waddle and I move quickly and effectively,thank you.
I've dealt with individuals like this before, carrying their testicles in a cyber-wheelbarrel and attacking from a well hidden monitor and keyboard somewhere. I agree with the problem but I don't agree to have my personal picture placed as an example! I presently still actively teach and train and the last thing I need in my life is some card-carrying cyber-wannabe to remind me of a problem i'm already trying to deal with now.
I'm glad the sites gone. Good ridance to bad rubbish! If you're going to put up something like that, be intelligent enough NOT to use peoples pictures, or those people could just be intelligent enough to track you down...
:::getting down off my soapbox::::soapbox:
Address the problems rather that attack individuals
BEGOOD,
KENPOJOE

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I agree totally with you. Even though I make funny comments about it. I appreciate all the support from everyone that wrote letters to the Server that sold the space, and that has since banned the site. Yes, we all have our faults but we need not exploit anyone for mean or harmful purposes. I joke rather than show my anger :flammad: often times because I need to rise above and not let them get too me (yes I do loose it sometimes when I get ripped off) I am human also.

Again thanks for all the support from the respectful and honorable cyber friends :wavey: we have.

:asian:

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
However, I do not agree with anyone using my photo, image or likeness for a derogatory page without my permission. Some of you simply consider it a parody page and nothing more, but as a professional instructor and someone well known in my field I'm not laughing...

I'm with you on this. This sounds more like slander to me than a parody of someone. When I saw the site I wondered if the moron had some personal beef with one of the people pictured.

After you get down from the soapbox, pick it up and bash the bum over the head with it.

kenpo3631

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by KENPOJOE

Hi Folks,
I've read this thread and being one of the injured parties who's picture was used please allow me to have my say regarding this matter...
I realize that overweight instructors are not simply a kenpo problem, but a martial arts problem. The new "Martial Arts Professional" magazine has an article on the topic.
I understand the problem within our style/system and I agree that there is indeed a problem.
No one on the net sees me do full splits when i teach or throw kicks over my head or kung fu forms with low stances and 360 degree iron broom sweeping kicks when I teach 6 different arts in my studio [although I do them all!]. They didn't see me compete for over 20 years at tournaments and be rated by KRANE and the PKL. They don't see me teach 6 days a week and produce 2 TV shows on the Martial arts for cable television. But, most of all, they don't see me move!!! And I assure one and all, that i can move quite well and i don't suffer from "I can't get out of my own way" -itis! I don't waddle and I move quickly and effectively,thank you.
I've dealt with individuals like this before, carrying their testicles in a cyber-wheelbarrel and attacking from a well hidden monitor and keyboard somewhere. I agree with the problem but I don't agree to have my personal picture placed as an example! I presently still actively teach and train and the last thing I need in my life is some card-carrying cyber-wannabe to remind me of a problem i'm already trying to deal with now.
I'm glad the sites gone. Good ridance to bad rubbish! If you're going to put up something like that, be intelligent enough NOT to use peoples pictures, or those people could just be intelligent enough to track you down...
:::getting down off my soapbox::::soapbox:
Address the problems rather that attack individuals
BEGOOD,
KENPOJOE
1.I think that personel physical fitness is a conscious effort. However, if you trained with Mr. Parker directly and knew what the Kenpo seniors know, then weight shouldn't be an issue. However linguica (Portuguese sausage), bacon and extra cheese pizza's don't constitute good dietary habits.

2. I agree with you, but did you really think whomever did this would actually ask for permission?!?!:confused:

3. I did, however it was a long time ago. Teaching 6 days a week is tough...I did it, but you gotta be running all day into the night to actually get tired.

4.I TOTALLY AGREE

OP
T

tonbo

Good riddance.

Yes, there was an *attempt* at humor there, but REALLY poorly conceived, and even more poorly executed. Bad idea to start with, in my opinion.

I agree with KenpoJoe on the use of the pictures. I think that was in really poor taste, and was extremely derogatory. There was a total lack of any kind of honor in that, and the person should be ashamed.

We had a Black Belt some years ago that was a total deception. He was well overweight, but he could move better than most of the skinny guys. He could also do the full splits, both front and side, and would easily kick over his head. He could dodge hits like nobody's business, and was very impressive. It always made me laugh, because he was totally dismissed by most who didn't get to see him move. They really should have. He was inspirational.

Weight isn't the serious problem in the MA that it seemed to be from that post. Weight and *sloth*, on the other hand, now there's a problem. You can't tell me that the Sumo wrestlers that are at the peak of their arts are out of shape. Those guys train HARD, and are quite flexible. And I wouldn't say that they "waddle" either. Swagger, maybe, but....;)

Anyway, time to drop the fool known as "Mr. Wack". He showed his true character in a rather obvious way. To paraphrase a line from the movie "Dutch"......

"You may be big in your world, kid, but to me, you are about as troublesome as a cloudy day".

Mr. Wack: Just another little man, talking big.

Peace--

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
just when you were enjoying a forum.......
just when you thought it was safe to turn on your computer.........
Da Du Da Du Da Du Da Du Da Du Da Du Da Du Da Du
(Jaws music starts)
Heeeeeeee'sssssss Baaaaaaaccccccccckkkkkkk......
(Poltergiest voice comes on.......)

He's back with an attack.........:mad:

OP
T

tonbo

......it's who's *left* that counts, right?

Let's see how long he sticks around. My guess is that when the dust settles, "Mr. Wack" will go away.

He ain't nothin'......hehe......:shrug:

Peace--

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
This "Mr. Wack" is like a germ. It just shows up and tries to start some stuff then gets erradicated by the body and flushed down the toilet. This is the type person that exists just to cause chaos for their own perverse joy. Now to just let the little troll go back to his rock.

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
All I can say with any seriousness about the matter, is this: Any person that had been shown on that site is welcome at my dojo as an honored and revered guest and is as equally welcome at my home.
With respect to all you Masters.:asian:

Latest Discussions