New Englanders: S&W MP sale

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Doesn't start until the first of November, but it's a nice deal.

http://www.hoffgun.com/specials.htm

The incentives are actually coming from the factory, not the dealer, so most of you New England folks should be able to get the same deal from your dealer.

arnisandyz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I went throught the Glock, XD experimentation and the M&P works for me. Just got my second M&P fullsize. I already chopped the grip to make it a midsize (like a Glock 19). My buddy welded the magazines for me. This will be my dedicated carry. I'm going to take the trigger down to 3lb on my old gun and that will be my dedicated IDPA, USPSA competition gun.

Pretty much anyone in the US can get in on the $50 and 2 mag deal from S&W. You just fill out the form and attach a receipt from wherever you bought the gun from. Its a substantial savings...M&P mags go for $30 each...so factor a savings of $110.

arnisandyz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Not sure how you define heavy use but I have had my M&P 9mm for over a year. I usually shoot 2 IDPA matches, 1 or 2 USPSA matches and 1 3-gun match in the course of a month. An average of 600-700 rounds per month. So probably closing in on 10,000 in a year counting practice. I also daily carry the gun (although this is changing). I did have a broken striker the first month I bought it. maybe 500 dryfire rounds though it? Replaced it and haven't had a problem since...and I do dryfire the gun a lot.

The trigger didn't feel so hot out of the box but gets really good with a little work. My trigger is breaking at 4lbs with a short crisp reset. I just bought a second M&P identical to my current one that I'm setting up specifically for CCW. I already did a frame chop to bring it down to G19 size. On my old gun I'm going to take the trigger down to 3lbs and use it specifically for competition. The grip fits like a glove. If you are used to 1911s grip angle, the M&P is a natural. Finish is well worn with a lot of drawing from kydex...not as tuff as tenifer but it is stainless. Recoil is really light and controllable even with 40S&W full power loads (shot my friends). Probably most importantly, is a very lefty friendly pistol. the mag release is reversible and it has an ambi-slide lock.

If you have the chance to shoot one give it a try.

LawDog

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Arnisandyz,
Thanks for the info., I have been told both positive and negitive about the M&P.
10,000 rounds is heavy usage. It is good to hear that it holds up well. I have been thinking about a M&P for myself, I will have to test one out soon.
Thanks again.

arnisandyz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Arnisandyz,
Thanks for the info., I have been told both positive and negitive about the M&P.
10,000 rounds is heavy usage. It is good to hear that it holds up well. I have been thinking about a M&P for myself, I will have to test one out soon.
Thanks again.

No problem...keep in mind that most of my shooting consists of reloads at minimum power factor so the wear and tear will be much less than someone shooting full power defensive loads. I have maybe put 250-500 factory defensive loads through it and another 1000-2000 higher pressure hand-loads that simulate the factory loads.

with that $50 and 2 mag deal its hard to go wrong. if don't like it i'm sure you could resell for close to what you paid.