New Comp Rules Posted

Discussion in 'Tae-Kwon-Do' started by mango.man, Nov 9, 2010.

1. mango.man

mango.man 2nd Black Belt

http://assets.usoc.org/assets/documents/attached_file/filename/33073/USAT_Rules_REVISE_Nov_09_10.pdf

Most of it has been known for a few weeks now, but there are some hidden gems in there that I had at least not been aware of until now. For instance:

“Kyong-go” shall also be given to the athlete who asks the referee to stop the contest for any reason (for instance, in order to adjust the position of protective equipment) or ask his/her coach to request video replay.

2. terryl965

terryl965 <center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR

• Martial Talk Alumni
    Wow so you equipment comes off and you need to wait for a ref. to see it, so you do not get a penalty.

3. d1jinx

d1jinx Master Black Belt

i got to admit, as a competitor/coach/ref, i hate it when they stop and adjust thier gear. its ********. usually happens when the person is tired and needs a break...

glad to see its being addressed.

4. Gorilla

Gorilla Master of Arts

I like it!!!! A few fighters seem to have made an art out of adjusting their gear.

5. Manny

Manny Senior Master

I like the idea of having the coaches under control. There are some sambonims and/our coaches theta are very frentic and with bad behavior, a big aplause for the new rules for the coaches.

Manny

6. mango.man

mango.man 2nd Black Belt

Yeah, we have 1 person on our team that I refer to as "Nomar" like Nomar Garciapara. Between every pitch Nomar, without exception, Nomar will always step out of the batter's box and release and re-secure the Velcro on his batting gloves 2 or 3 times. This kid it seems after every 3rd technique thrown must stop the fight and adjust just about every piece of equipment on their body.

It's pretty funny since they are so consistent with it, but it is also extremely annoying.123