new belt

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Whoot! Whoot! Congratulations to both of you!

:partyon::partyon:

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations & keep training! :partyon:

Attachments

• $HongKongPhooey.jpg
    $HongKongPhooey.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 188

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congratulations to both of you! What did you do for your test and what material do you get to learn as newly minted yellow belts?

Miles

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sorry it's been a while since I've been here- the computer was down. Thanks for the congrat's!

For the test, we had to do our basic kicks, self defense- arm bars, take downs... HKF had to break three boards with a hammer fist, and I broke two (having been in MA before, we were given the chance to break more than one at once). We also had a written test that we turned in before hand, and the instructor asked some questions from that out loud. It was neat watching the other students. There was a few demonstrating, that wasn't part of the test.

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sorry- we're learning more kicking techniques, more falls, and more self defense, and another form. Next belt, we'll start learning a weapon.

spud

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Congratulations also to you both yet another step forwards to black belt. One thing I would suggest to you both & any one on the path, enjoy the journey it’s just as important as the destination. All those memories, lumps & bumps, hard won lessons are all part of what helps make you what you are & the value of the art itself.

Enjoy the new belt & let it help you fuel your efforts for the next of many more to come.