New 2018 Wing Chun vs MMA

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Just sharing. Too lazy to make comments about it right now.

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Oh before the verbal fights starts. Keep in mind that the MMA guy's desire is to expose people who he considers fake martial artists. In other words he's not seeking to fight those who actually know how to use martial arts. He's only seeking those who he sees as fake martial artists. Just keep that in mind as you watch.

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Oh god here we go
That's why I made that last statement about keeping in mind that the MMA guy only wants to expose fake martial artists. In short this means that he has no intention of fighting someone who actually knows how to use wing chun. If people keep this in mind then there shouldn't be any drama.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Cause and effect based training vs dogma based.

And if you are going to fight MMA maybe know something about MMA. Or even fighting in general.

Might help. You never know.

Apparently I will be sparring the coach this Saturday. To prep for his fight. So i get to be the wing chun guy.

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Cause and effect based training vs dogma based.

And if you are going to fight MMA maybe know something about MMA. Or even fighting in general.

Might help. You never know.

Apparently I will be sparring the coach this Saturday. To prep for his fight. So i get to be the wing chun guy.
yeah you can really tell who has fight experience and who doesn't. It's one of those things you can't fake, even before the punches are thrown. I doubt you would even come close to the wing chun guy. The guy in the red look totally lost. It makes me wonder about the MMA guy. He's literally wants to fight people who he knows can't fight. Not much of a heroic quest. Entertaining kind of but heroic definitely not. I hope the MMA guy keeps doing what he's doing. Just for the hope that he'll come across someone that can actually fight.

There are people out there who don't look like they can fight but put them in the ring or in a fight and they turn into beasts. As for the challengers, I would like to see their interview after the fight (if they have one). It would be interesting to see what they learned if anything.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score

Good Lord. ''wing chun guy" has obviously never been in a live fire situation in his life. He opens up with a clubbing hammerfist, and henceforth his offence consists of flailing his arms while turning his head away. This can't really be seen as a critique of wing Chun so much as an expose of bad or no actual combat training.

I couldn't even bring myself to watch the second video, I'd imagine it's more of the same.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Something very unusual happened in this clip. Most of the time, a fighter will circle toward his opponent's side door (blind side) and stayed away from his opponent's powerful back hand punch. In this clip the MMA guy moved into his opponent's front door. It shows the MMA guy had no respect to his opponent's back hand knock down power.

The truth was this WC guy didn't have any knock down power.

Last edited:

Anarax

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

You should take a look at the "Not be taken down" thread, they posted the same video. There's a great conversation going on in the thread.

Keep in mind that the MMA guy's desire is to expose people who he considers fake martial artists. In other words he's not seeking to fight those who actually know how to use martial arts. He's only seeking those who he sees as fake martial artists.
In interviews with Xu Xiao Dong(MMA guy in second video) he claims he wants to debunk "fake martial arts", it's difficult to know if that means the actual styles or individuals considering it's a translation. He was the same guy that KO'd the Tai Chi practitioner. After which he received many challenges from Chinese Martial Arts stylists. I don't know if he's cherry picking opponents, but I think it's more so Martial Artists challenging him and he accepts. Him being an ex Pro MMA fighter gives him a huge advantage.

I would suggest going over to the other thread to take part in the conversations if you want

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
yeah you can really tell who has fight experience and who doesn't. It's one of those things you can't fake, even before the punches are thrown. I doubt you would even come close to the wing chun guy. The guy in the red look totally lost. It makes me wonder about the MMA guy. He's literally wants to fight people who he knows can't fight. Not much of a heroic quest. Entertaining kind of but heroic definitely not. I hope the MMA guy keeps doing what he's doing. Just for the hope that he'll come across someone that can actually fight.

There are people out there who don't look like they can fight but put them in the ring or in a fight and they turn into beasts. As for the challengers, I would like to see their interview after the fight (if they have one). It would be interesting to see what they learned if anything.

Yes and no. if those guys who can't really fight have been scamming guys for years on the basis they could fight then they either deserve the beating or really needed the wake up call.

Either way it is a win for everyone.

I mean look at the unfair beatings that occured in the old UFC days. And look at how good martial arts has become because of it.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ive seen those videos before. I'm still shaking my head. Some people have no business fighting.

Latest Discussions